Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Tool kit for the road

I don't think my list has changed much.. here's a link to an older thread where I posted a pic and a list.

Here's a pic of the contents of my tool bag (actually a pencil case reinforced with real (3M Brand) duct tape.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 04-30-2014, 07:29 PM

I always carry, at the very least a leatherman knock off multy-tool.

Man, that would make a great product. A motorized bicycle specific one.

With China girls though, I carry every thing it would take to build one. Is really not that much if ya stick to the esentuals and not bother with any thing fancy or labor saving.

Also always cary one of those pocket bike tool things like a Swiss army Knife. Cheap and really handy.
worst apocalypse ever
Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 PM

I carry 8, 10and 14 mm wrenches, a flat and phillips screwdriver, spark plug wrench and extra plug, zip ties, electrical tape, pliers and needle nose, a couple allen keys, loc-tite thread sealant and a small bottle of Opti2 oil in case I need it.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Thumbs up Re: Tool kit for the road

Originally Posted by massdrive View Post
Her is some good advise... only carry the tools you need. Instead of carrying a set of allen wrench's carry only the couple allen wrenches you really use. No need to carry a heavy bag of tools to tear down your engine because unless you carry spare engine parts too it won't do any good anyway. An extra 25 lbs. of tools is dead weight and the heavier your tool bag the more difficult it is to keep it on the bike. Just carry what you need, nor more no less.
This is well said. The ht's require very few tools even for catastrophic problems...I don't carry the entire socket set, just the 8,
I also have a flipflop screwdriver for all the bits. I also carry one of the stamped plug wrenches from the kits since they are so light. Works on drive sprocket and clutch plate in a pinch too but be careful.
If you run lots of miles, you may find wear becomes a problem from tools. I lined my pack with old leather but they still rub through the sides every 3 or 4k miles. But backpacks are cheap.
If more is better, then too much is just enough.
If you can't afford it, build it yourself.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:42 PM

Whatever happened to those cheap, stamped steel multi wrenches? Two of those and a four-way screwdriver used to cover everything beyond the tire patch kit... but I haven't seen one since the 1980s...
Have you ever noticed.... those Polititians who want to ban private gun ownership also want to spend YOUR money like there's no tomorrow?

... Maybe they are afraid of us coming after them...?

the Old Sgt.