Engine kit from ebay?

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well, I've bought well over 25 kits from rose326/mingsinternational/zminglu and have had very few issues.(Two bad coils replaced free)
While buying from ebay is always a bit of a risk, this vendor has been great to me.
Decent kits at a decent price. Why pay more for the EXACT SAME KITS from bikeberry/gasbike/etc?
I'll stick with the best price.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have bought a gas and an electric kit on EBay. I had good luck with both. Many have had worse luck on EBay.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Two of my three engines are from eBay, both are fairly good. One is almost 3 years old with no problems. As long as you prep the engine before installing it you should be OK. A lot of new builders are worried about warranty, but I like a lot of members here on the forum pull a new engine apart and make sure everything is cleaned out from the factory. I do a little porting before it ever goes on a bike.

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Two of my three engines are from eBay, both are fairly good. One is almost 3 years old with no problems. As long as you prep the engine before installing it you should be OK. A lot of new builders are worried about warranty, but I like a lot of members here on the forum pull a new engine apart and make sure everything is cleaned out from the factory. I do a little porting before it ever goes on a bike.
Ditto....

My oldest and highest mileage engine was bought on ebay from boygoesfast back in the fall of 2009 and its still running great, not a real high mileage engine but ithas well over 2000 miles on it now.

Its a lot to do with setting it up right, using a quality oil and the right mix and dont try to blow it up or you will....

Map

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
2 Ebay motors kits have been fairly good, 2 have been rubbish.
1 was really crap.
I think it's worth spending a little more myself.
But If you strip the motor and go over it , wash the case out, ect,
You get what you pay for.