Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Been gone, now I'm back

I just wanted to reintroduce myself to the site. I have been gone a couple of years. I was born and raised in Houston Texas where I currently reside and I am 29 years old. I built a Schwinn 66cc cruiser a couple years ago and had a lot of fun with it. The only thing that I could think that would have made it better would be to have two bikes so I can enjoy a trip with a buddy.

I recently purchased a brand new 66cc kit as well as some upgrades for my old kit and I am going to build two brand new bikes. I am cannibalizing my original motocruiser for its parts and I am building two huffy champion cruisers. I am going to spend a good bit of time and money on them to try and get them as reliable as possible. I never had any problems with my old motor but I did have a ton of problems with my drive train.

My biggest issue was having a true mounted drive sprocket on the rear wheel. I don't know what direction I am going to go but I would love some suggestions. Probably some sort of clamshell adaptor on the rear hub. I know I don't want to use that crappy mount that comes with the kits. I will be starting a build thread soon and pictures will be coming.

Can't wait to be cruising on my new bike.
Thanks guys

Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Been gone, now I'm back

Welcome back , sure you'll have twice the fun this time with two bikes.......
Bicycle = Cool / Bicycle with a motor = Awesome
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Cool Re: Been gone, now I'm back

well hello glad you can enjoy her like most of us see ya around
Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Been gone, now I'm back

Cool. I followed a pattern something like yours. Built two bikes in the spring of 2008. I liked them and had fun. But as they died I got a bit discouraged over how much time I was putting into keeping them working. So I dropped out for a couple of years.

Then I got the urge again and built another. With the experience from the first two, I've found that I understand things better and am not finding maintenance to be quite so much of a headache.

I also keep a spare bike, too. Even though this one is more reliable I still need some sort of backup.

Have fun.