Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: my new build shopping list!

For the fuel line, all i did was go to a shop and ask for 8 inches of 1/4 inch line. It's so small you'll probably get it free. with my build I followed the same procedure, replace the crap and reliability comes with. that's what makes a good motorbike. the throttle, i added a spring to the carb to increase throttle return. I didnt have probs with my tank. the tensioner, that's a piece of work aint it? i bought aftermarket bolts and torqued to 100 ft/lbs. not nice to the frame but my tensioner hasn't moved...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:11 PM

A simple and affective way to keep the stock type idler tensioner from possibly rotating into spokes is to do as myself and several other have done is once ther tensioner bracket is installed on the frame in the desired location just drill a small hole though tensioner bracket where it saddles the frame and the install a small self tapping sheet metal screw with some blue thread locker on it, it will cut good threads through bracket and frame in that area and the hole is so small and the fact that the bracket itself clamps tightly around the frame on both sides of the small hole makes it actually just as strong as if there were no hole there at all, it doesn't compromise the strength of the frame and will insure that the idler bracket stay put and can not rotate into the wheel spokes.... very simple mod and it just simply works great if you plan to run the stock type tensioner/idler set up, just make sure the hole you drill is correct for the screw thats used And its A solid solution and will not come out, got one bike that is set this way since 2009 and it has never been touched since I put it together this way, over 2000 miles of abuse and I have only replace the roller with the one I make from skateboard wheels which are way better than the one that come in kit.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 PM

My advice is save on 'accessories', and invest in a better motor, one with a balanced 40 mm stroke.
Then a decent pipe.
This is were you will get the power to blow off a cheap kit.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

already ordered my china kit from rose and i ordered turbobuicks aftermarket tensioner setup im not even messing with the stock one its junk even if you do fix it im going to order the whizzer reproduction tank and hopefully buy a bike next payday then when i get my tax money all order the manic mechanic rear hub adapter pretty much im not going to build the bike till i have all the parts i want the tank the spring tensioner and the manic mechanic are the main parts im focused on getting the rag joint style hub adapters work ok but there a cheap solution from china im going for the manic mechanic it seems better in every way