ignorant drivers thread !!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Henshooter,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum!! I personally have found a plethora of intelligent, respectable , ladies and gents here @ the M.B.F.& it looks like we just picked up one more!!

Thank god we didn't have "Hooning laws" here in the U.S.A. when I was a teenager. We seem to share more than one hobby Henshooter as I also metal detect. Years ago or in 2007 I started out with a Whites Prizm 3 for around $400 bucks but that was just an entry level rig to get me into the sport

We do a lot of underwater detecting / diving here on Cape Cod it is amazing what one can find out there in the vast ocean ..Also Cape cod is and always was a Mariners nightmare for navigating around That hook AKA the tip of Cape Cod it is one of the largest 18th Century sail boat grave yards on the East Coast a;lso if you look on Google earth to try and see the ship wrecks they are blackened out all the wrecks which I think is a great idea it's a graveyard after all Also the sea will wash away any treasures she wishes to give up to us No need "ONLY GREED" to go digging in these mens grave I commend Google for this action

Whats been your best find so far. I found lots of silver and a bit of gold however my best find was a Bronze Metal made for a soldier of the Grande Army of the Republic. of all places in my brothers front yard next to a mighty Oak tree whilst just goofing around with my niece and nephew with the metal detector It was later found out "After the metal was returned to the soldiers grea great great grandson" this particular soldier must have came to rest against this tree during their WALK from the sate of Maine to where they would eventually meet up with the Massachusetts 13th infantry Then they all WALKED to Gettysburg to help fight in the Civil War
Hmm my best find would have to be between two coins one an 1914 American dime which is an incredible find in Aust and a 1916 Au florin made of silver , the unfortunate thing for us Aussies is the history of our settlement is not as great as the US ,most valuable has to be a 24 k ring with a 4 k diamond ,returned to the owner though so made me very happy to do so
Regards Henshooter

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm starting to like this term "hooning". I think it's a good word for reckless driving. I wonder if we could get it to catch on here in the states.
Just out of curiosity: if bad driving is called hooning, are bad drivers themselves called "hoons"? I thought it would be really cool to be able to yell at a bad driver "Learn how to drive, you half-blind hoon!" Because, frankly, I've used up all the good swearwords on them and have been looking for new material.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
I'm starting to like this term "hooning". I think it's a good word for reckless driving. I wonder if we could get it to catch on here in the states.
Just out of curiosity: if bad driving is called hooning, are bad drivers themselves called "hoons"? I thought it would be really cool to be able to yell at a bad driver "Learn how to drive, you half-blind hoon!" Because, frankly, I've used up all the good swearwords on them and have been looking for new material.
Yes ,yes you are correct , here's wikapedias explanation of the word

Hoon is a derogatory term used in Australia and New Zealand, to refer to anyone who engages in loutish, anti-social behaviours. In particular, it is used to refer to one who drives a car or boat in a manner which is anti-social by the standards of contemporary society, i.e. too fast, too noisily or too dangerously. In New Zealand, the term "boy racer" is also widely used. Another slang term, revhead—derived from "rev", an alternate term for RPM—is sometimes used in place of hoon. However, "revhead" can refer to any car enthusiast, while hoon is always pejorative. "Anti-hoon laws", while they generally concern road vehicles, sometimes also target anti-social behaviour in motor boats.
Hoon activities can include speeding, burnouts, doughnuts or screeching tires.[1] Those commonly identified as being involved in "hooning" or street racing are young and predominantly male, although increasingly female, drivers in the age range of 17 and 35 years.[2]
Hoon control laws are beginning to be extended to dangerous and annoying hoon behaviour using boats and other vessels, particularly jet skis. The State of Victoria, Australia passed legislation in late 2009 to control hoon activities using recreational vessels.[3]

So yeah you are CORRECT

Regards Henshooter dnut

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you're a victim of the actions of a 'hoon' are you said to have been 'hooned'?

"That's right, officer. He hooned me and my family while we were out for a nice quiet drive. Here's his tag number."

Tom

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
If you're a victim of the actions of a 'hoon' are you said to have been 'hooned'?

"That's right, officer. He hooned me and my family while we were out for a nice quiet drive. Here's his tag number."

Tom
No ,no that only applies when someone sticks their backside out of a car window and shows the world their bare cheeks ,and it's called mooning rofl
We do however have a tourist attraction called the mooney train , they have a similar tradition in Southern Cali apparently called the Pacific Surfliner check it out
Regards Hen