Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Thumbs up Re: interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogergendron1 View Post
ok i am srsly starting to doubt most peoples speed claims here on the forum, lol

it seems like a lot of people claim 40 mile an hour out the box with a stock motor or even that there x,y,z brand engine does 9,000 rpms stock

lol well i srsly doubt that because in order for a stock motor and sprocket to reach 40 mile an hour on a 26 in bike it would have tobe powerfull enough to turn at 9,000 pluss rpms !!!

i highly doubt that any stock motor will send you down the road at 40 mile and hour and 9,000 rpms on a 44t rear !!!
No kidding!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:23 AM

Default Re: interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl !!

ok i did some transfer port modding to try aand open her up to getting more fuel at higher rpms .

i was looking at high rpm chainsaw motors and thought i would copy the designe.....

thought i would give the open transfer port a go ! this way there is no restriction at all, the port opening is the same size as stock so i did not alter the timing but the opening is bigger than stock and will flow a lot better this is because the stock transfers have a 2 step casting at the opening. they have the opening for the correct timing then it steps down with sharp 90 deg angles to the actual port and then goes down a skinny triangulare shapped tube with ruff edges to a miss matched case opening. now my motor has a wide open transfer so the skinny tube through the jug is all gone and there is zero restriction getting to the top of the piston and the steps are gone and a nice clean ramp angled up is in its place, i also took the liberty to angle them tords the middle of the chamber and back tords the intake. the piston is ramped to open the port even more, so hopefully i will be looking at some serious rpms and top end power ! i dont care how much low end i may or may not have lost i am looking for all out high rpms to try to blow this thing up !!!!

my goal is to get to 45mph and or over 10,000 rpm's before it blows ! all on a stock 44t rear sprocket and 26 in wheels.

here is a video of the mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLouFs15jM

in the video i say 93,000 rpm lol i meant 9,300 rpms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg huskyrebuild02.jpg (114.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg ports transfer.jpg (8.6 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by rogergendron1; 11-22-2013 at 02:55 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:54 AM

ok here are some more views of the ports i hope to get high enough rpm's to blow my motor with .

as you can see the transfers are much larger than stock, as in deeper and wider and thicker even though the opening is the same size. this is because the side wall is gone and all the space it took up is now available for fuel flow leaving only the side of the piston itself as a restriction and even that has been minimized and smoothed out by cutting raamps for flow.

the timing is set so the intake is open almost .4 in before the exhaust is fully closed, this is due to the massive cut in the skirt coupled with the deep porting on the bottom of the intake port itself. i am hopeing that opening the intake as soon as possable will help suck as mutch fuel in as possabl. why open it before the exhaust is closed ? well the upward stroke of the piston at high rpms creates a suction that can start to draw fuel in even before the exhaust closes of and it works much better with an exhaust tunned for this. though it cant work if the skirt is in the way lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131122_022827.jpg (459.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131122_022939.jpg (570.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131122_023049.jpg (539.1 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131122_023136.jpg (539.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20131122_024302 (1).jpg (441.8 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-22-2013, 05:12 PM

i just made it to work and good god the rpms are insane ! She will def ho pretty soon lol i lost all botom end but my god the top end ! The top end is limitless !!! Lol

Well i cant say too much yet i ran her to work using a cut piece of sock as an air filter lol its super restrictive and causes boging when i twist the throttle but if i turn it slow i can get uo ti speed real quicj and she screems now ! .

I dont think she will hold up to thease rps for to much longer
Old 11-22-2013, 08:30 PM

Quote:

I dont think she will hold up to these rpms for too much longer
!st April, 2045.
Today the emergency services had to intervene when an elderly man with a long white beard made an attempt to ride an old motorised bicycle that according to the neighbours he had dragged out of his garage that morning.
When questioned the elderly man would only say, 'She's gunna blow, she's gunna blow......'
Old 11-23-2013, 01:12 AM

vid of the rpms i have been riding at or close too for the last few weeks lol it sounds like a chain saw at WOT !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_OAqeAGW8

i have yet to make a vid of me riding but i cant quite figure out how to video, ride, and show speed, all at once lol

Last edited by rogergendron1; 11-25-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I WANT TO SEE THIS THING BLOW !
you guys have any ideas to get her to blow ?
like riding up hill wot, or down hill wot ?
no change of fuel mix though, i want to be fair ! keeping her at 93oct 40:1 mix with 1.5oz of lucas oil upper cylinder lube mixed per half gallon

mabey even riding in a strait line at wot as fast as i can go and keep her there for as long as it takes ? 10 miles 15 miles who know lol i will have to recored it !!! i know she will do a full 2.5 miles at WOT as fast as possable then slow to a intersection and then right back to WOT for another 2.5 miles again without a prob

i just can not believe this cheap motor is still taking the abuse !!! srsly i need to document this !!!

how many rpms do race motors turn ? how many rpms are concidered safe for the china girl ? because i am dead shure i am turning well over 8,000rpm's ever ride and keeping her over 8,000 for 99% OF THE RIDE
With your mix at 21:1 they can be hard to hurt.

You are making 40:1 fuel by adding 3.2 ounces of oil per gallon. Then you are adding 1.5 ounces of high grade synthetic (Lucas) per half gallon, which brings the blend up to 6.2 ounces of oil per gallon, or 20.64:1

High performance Karting engines run between 16:1 ~ 24:1 Plenty of oil will keep a 2 stroke alive under very harsh conditions. A chainsaw of similar stroke will turn 13,000 rpm @ WOT for most of it's service life.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
vid of the rpms i have been riding at or close too for the last few weeks lol it sounds like a chain saw at WOT !

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=IE_OAqeAGW8

i have yet to make a vid of me riding but i cant quite figure out how to video, ride, and show speed, all at once lol
Your video link doesn't work, here is one that does:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE_OAqeAGW8
Old 08-30-2016, 05:10 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Question Re: interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl motorized bicycle !!

Did it ever blow??
Old 08-31-2016, 11:42 AM

Default Re: interesting experiance, trying to blow up a china girl motorized bicycle !!

Maybe you could get it to go faster and blow up if you used 110 octane racing fuel?