40 + mile ride today !!! what is the farthest you have gone ???

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Am I the only one who cringes when they see their order is being shipped vi FedeX They took 9 days to get a kit from cali to here, When it took the USPS 3 days for the exact same order same take off place Been 5 days and my order is in Texas no where near where it should be .

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Hey Roger let me know the size of your fork neck dia. I have an old huffy set of forks with shocks on them. They do not fit any of my bikes...Let me know dia. & length . if they fit your welcome to them "FREE of charge" just may need to take a ride to Bourne to get them is all, they are gold in color with black shock boots .

I heard running 93 oct. is a bad idea but in this cooler weather if your not over heating it cant be all that bad ! I like to hear good news about the GT-5 as I just ordered one from Gasbikes.com So far all Ive been hearing about them is how every paert in them is off sized compared to all the other motors like the key ways are 2.5 mm compared to 3mm on everything else the bore stroke is shorter etc etc. Of course I hear all these things after I ordered it! :) .wee.
i believe they are 1 1/8 diamiter the guy said ... my vernier calipers are at my fathers house :(

the tube is slightly thinner thatn standard

i have to run the highest octaine lol my compresion is about 140lbs average ! i need at least 93oct... but i run 93 with a dash of lucas octaine booster to bring it up to 95 or 96 oct and the ping is gone ... no ping with 93 unless i put a heavy load on her . but yeh with 95 oct she runns great no ping no overheating !!!! pleanty of power !!!

yeh man be shure to take off the top end and port the **** out of it and then port match the exhaust and intake also toss that stock plug in the trash and buy a champion L86C or nkg b5hs trust me. also break it in at 32:1 and runthat ratio also. wont hurt to check how much of the piston hangs down in the intake port at TDC then trim it off, mine hang halfway in!!!!!!!!! if you can get some sand paper and a flat surface and sand the head down a lot ! sand the ring right off the gasket mating surface ! so its one flat square aria, you will get better sealing and raise your comp up to around 9:1 right where it should be stock is only 6:1 lol then if you are good you can grind ramps in the piston at the exhaust and intake ports to help the timing some and realy open the engine up ! then gutt the muffeler and tune your carb !!! THE AIR IDLE SCREW IS CAPPED OFF, REMOVE THE CAP ! then count 2.5 turns out from closed to start with you should be close to good with that.

all the mods i mentioned are free and can be done with nothing but a dremal tool, they will make an enormus diff in how much power, throttle responce and speed you get from this motor. i may add it will make it more reliable to since there will be less vibration and no chance of casting flash flaking into your motor and destroying it !!! beware of the casting flash !!! dremal it all away !!!!

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
forgot to post about this but i just did a 60 mile round trip ride a week ago to visit my son on his b day !!! i mapped out all windy backroads though rt 125 and rt 28 a nice seanic rout down back roads though the country to down town plastow NH, my home is in woburn MA !!!! so i rode from woburn MA to plastow NH !!! the ride home was tough lol it started raining on me and it was pitch black out !!! lol i have a pretty heaby dutie bright head light cost me 50$ !!! and a bright tail light they were a set.. i think i am going to buy the same head light seperatly again so i would have 2, should givbe me around 500 lum of cree led light in the front.

i cant believe it rained on me lol i didnt mind the dark but 30 something miles of rain p#ssed me off lol...

i discovered my bike can go a lot faster than i thought it could lol i hit 40mph !!! wow !! thats fast for me too fast !

and man i really want a set of front springers or shocks !!! no way i will do that again on a solid frame bike, or a least a shock seat post !

Herdo

Sep 20, 2013
Glendale Arizona
I know I sound like a broken record, but my numb hand issue was solved when I got my dax lower build, the overall balance of this engine is like day and night compared to all the other engines I have or have had, there is a certain rpm that a buzz shows up but I just push right on past that a little and she smooths right out or I can stay at 30-34mph and be below the buzzy rpms.

Just got my second dax balanced lower in the mail two days ago and cant wait to get it built and on one of my bikes, I like my older engines for putting around but for a longer cruise im spoiled on the balanced engine now....... !

Map
.wee.

Can someone link me to the Dax lower build MapBike is referencing? And what exactly is a balanced lower?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
On July 4 a couple of years ago I rode 70 mles in one day but on two different rides, if you don't have a good seat it gets painful.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Can someone link me to the Dax lower build MapBike is referencing? And what exactly is a balanced lower?
Go to this link and scroll down until you see the lower engine assembly, wont have any more until last of this month from what I gather based on what is listed on the home page, but this is the lower that has the crankshaft that has been balanced, a balanced lower just makes the engine run smoother, these lowers have better bearings also.

Map

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
and man i really want a set of front springers or shocks !!! no way i will do that again on a solid frame bike, or a least a shock seat post !
Roger, when I go one a journey like that my hands & wrists get so numb I need to find a set of handle bRS THAT WILL NOT DO THAT TO ME
What kind of bike do you ride? I may have a ROCK SHOK set up you can HAVE just pay shipping or just come get em if they fit I'm in Buzzards Bay Roger!!!I have two front fork sets that have shocks on them and with the extra weight on these bikes the shocks certainly cant hurt.. unless of course they fail then.... one set came off a huffy the other came off a Mongoose I do believe

Jump

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Go to this link and scroll down until you see the lower engine assembly, wont have any more until last of this month from what I gather based on what is listed on the home page, but this is the lower that has the crankshaft that has been balanced, a balanced lower just makes the engine run smoother, these lowers have better bearings also.

Map
I think you forgot to insert the link Map

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
I've done several over 100 mile back and forth trips. Pleased to report I'll go any distance without concern of breakdown. Before I head off I make sure my bike is tight. I got a 10mm wrench, needle nose pliers and my rescue ride will be avail. As mentioned above by others, it's more of an issue me able to tolerate the vibration in my ass bone and my wrists. Other than that-

Yeah I'll go anywhere I want.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Roger, when I go one a journey like that my hands & wrists get so numb I need to find a set of handle bRS THAT WILL NOT DO THAT TO ME
What kind of bike do you ride? I may have a ROCK SHOK set up you can HAVE just pay shipping or just come get em if they fit I'm in Buzzards Bay Roger!!!I have two front fork sets that have shocks on them and with the extra weight on these bikes the shocks certainly cant hurt.. unless of course they fail then.... one set came off a huffy the other came off a Mongoose I do believe

Jump
i am verrrrrry interested !!!!! i have a .... reaction beach cruiser from sports athaurity .... solid fram cause i am poor lol it cost me my whole pay check !!! i have a realy nice schwinn rival but it can not be motorized its too nice of a pedal bike for me to want to alter in any way what so ever as i will never be able to afford another on ! so i bought the cruiser...

pic ... its from east coast cycle suply it is a reaction cruiser.... single speed rear coaster hub the neck is long and thin however and threaded ?? its not standar the guy at the bike shop told me as he only deals in threadless and only had some standard threaded left over...
for the life of me i can not find the bike even on the internet !!!!!! wow but here is one exactly like it with the same angle and diamiter and length neck tube

you can see my bike in detail on my user page

Attachments

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
yup its not listedon the sports athaurity web sit any more and they are selling this one in its place the store i bought it from still has one left ... its not listed on the web though and they show this one in its place at the same cost ....

yeh fron shocks or suspention of any kind would be a 1,000% improvement !!!! even a shock absorber seat post !

Attachments

Last edited:

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
wow !!!! what kind of bike ? 2 banger or 4 stroke ?

do you have full suspention or front shocks or springer or hard tail it like me lol
front shocks and a hard tail. 2 stroke customized grubee 66cc. its got a decked head and cylinder, porting, advanced timing piston blah blah. does like 38-41 on the regular. still gets 92mpg.

whilst my friends fred motor does 30mpg. something tells me its tuned wrong

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Completed previously mentioned long trip.

(all per google my tracks)
Total Miles completed : 92.594
Max Speed : 38.13 mph
Average Moving Speed : 21.984 mph

wooot. hope to have a video summation of the trip together soon!

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
front shocks and a hard tail. 2 stroke customized grubee 66cc. its got a decked head and cylinder, porting, advanced timing piston blah blah. does like 38-41 on the regular. still gets 92mpg.

whilst my friends fred motor does 30mpg. something tells me its tuned wrong
yeh the piston ramp port timing mod kills the mpg on the top end a little, well worth it in my opinion...

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Completed previously mentioned long trip.

(all per google my tracks)
Total Miles completed : 92.594
Max Speed : 38.13 mph
Average Moving Speed : 21.984 mph

wooot. hope to have a video summation of the trip together soon!
awsome ! i want to break 100 miles some time next summer !