Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default After the Snow

I should probably have posted this in the safety forum and maybe I will but here is a good place too.
Just got back from a library run and discovered something you never notice from a car. When it snows and if you live in a city like Denver Colorado where they spread sand on the roads for those morons who don't know how to drive in snow, guess where all that sand ends up when they run the plows. Right, it goes into the bike lanes. My four mile run to the local library was a slippery trip. No snow, not even wet but I had to ride in an inch of sand and pea gravel. Got pelted with the stuff 'cause I don't have fenders. Keep this in mind.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
Old 12-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Default Re: After the Snow

Good thing there's no snow in my area... Rains a lot though... It's a real pain cleaning the bike from mud and grime when it rains... and i really hate those cars that goes so fast splashing all the water and mud all over you, thinking it's funny...
Regardless if it's left or wrong, the opposite is always right.

Caution: This hobby is habit forming.