Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Gas question

Originally Posted by mapbike View Post
Here's a link to the Mixmizer Syringe:
They also sell these at wally world.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by biknut View Post
They also sell these at wally world.
Didn't know that, thats good to know for those who shop wally world, I never know what they have or don't have, my wife goes there some but it's a very rare thing for me to go, I hit all the mom and pop shops first when I need something 99.9% of the time, just not in to the Walmart thing much, to many people to deal with and to many good friends in our small town lost their jobs and 100 year old businesses closed down when they came to town.

Dang sorry..... about the mini rant there, seems like every time I here the name Walmart it just comes out of me, I have friends and family that work for that company and I just don't like the way they do business.

Also might be able to find a good compact measuring device at the local motorcycle shop.

Peace, map
I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:01 AM

yep, I fill up my tank at gas stations and add the oil after, usually 2 liters and add 60ml of oil. I just turn the petcock off first, I've got a few hundred miles on my bike already doing that, I'm just learning to conserve gas by not running WOT constantly haha. 80MPG is great compared to a car but when you have a 1/2 gallon tank, it equates to relatively frequent fills (but... still only once every 2 days with tons of riding around). If I can make it last longer then for sure, my mods dont help but at some point I'll tune the fuel/air properly.
Skyhawk GT-5, Dax RT, RSE Reeds, Jag CDI, Drilled stock exhaust, Puch Hi.
List of HT hardware === Stop four-stroking!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Ya know, I'm really good with math but, durn it, I just don't feel like calculating or guestimating right there at the pump. Some long while back I got a bottle of decent two-stroke oil that had this built-in upper chamber with certain ratios marked off: 40-1, 32-1, 20-1, 16-1. So I bought a gallon-plus gas can too.
Any other oil I buy for the bike, I put into that same bottle. When the gas can is nearly empty, I buy precisely a gallon of 87 octane. I then squeeze the right ratio of two-stroke oil into the upper section of the oil bottle, and add it into the gas can. Shake it like mad, and I'm done. I keep the thing in my shed. It's a matter of preference I suppose, but this is what's easiest for me.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM

i premix in a jug.i buy oil by the gallon and pour it into a smaller measuring container.
i retired an old zodiac boat at work,cut out the metal air fill ports off the rubber part of the boat.going to make a nice fuel bottle to carry in my tool box.a piece of exhaust pipe and a cap on other end some welding and soldering and a nice coat of paint.

enough gas to get home is all i need.i never go farther than 10 0r 12 km's from home.