Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 06-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Default Re: Attention new members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1 View Post
my motor wont turn over when i pedal bike do you know what could be wrong stephen1
Check out the clutch adjustment thread in classic area. If that doesn't help, check the piston is not stuck.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Default Re: clutch lever

hi everyone, i just registered on this forum , i was wondering if my engine kit is faulty, because the clutch lever (on the output sprocket cover) just moves like nothing is happening, i don't think its engaging or disengaging the clutch because the output sprocket does not turn at all, but if i use the spark plug tool to turn it, is turns. is there anything i can try to do? help would be much appreciated, thx!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Not sure how to post this. Need serious help with motor.everything is installed though the piston or internals keep sticking. When I drop the clutch it just slips I have it adjusted to disengage past the locking lever so I know that isn't the problem. My question is can I put a few drops of two stroke oil in the cylinder to help the internals move?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I think another important thing all newbies should learn is:
How do Forums Work?

A web site like this is like a giant convention center with multiple wings called Forums. Each forum 'wing' has multiple sub-forums to narrow down your interest to a different part of that wing, and inside each of them have multiple meeting rooms for a specific things called a Topic.

It is a Topic you create, read and reply to.
Every topic has a Title and THE TITLE is the single most important line of text you will type.

Regular visitors, the ones that will be helping you, just scan recent topic titles. If your questions is about a 2-stroke carb, put that in the title.

An example of useless titles are:
'It won't start!'
'Is this broke?'
'well this sucks...'

When it comes to Replying to a Topic try to keep it relevant to the FIRST POST and Forum it is, important topics tend to stray literally off-topic when someone asks something that should be asked in a completely different building, section and forum in this convention center and here is an example.

This is the 'Motorized Bicycle Welcome" building in the 'Welcome to World of Motorized Bicycles' forum, with an 'Attention new members!' title.
This is like the lobby for new guests to read the signs on the wall and find the right place to get answers.

Please take the time to explore the different forums here and don't just post your questions in the most recent topic like this in this topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen1 View Post
my motor wont turn over when i pedal bike do you know what could be wrong stephen1
Talk about the worst place to ask for problem solving help, it's a 'what to do and not do' for newbies topic in the New Members section!

That reply here would be a DO NOT stephen1 but no harm no foul bud, we were all new once ;-}

Just try to be mindful of a Topics first post and the Forum it is in and do a Forum Search on adjusting your clutch, there are plenty of topics on that or just make a new topic in the 2-stroke motor forum.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

If I may step in here to offer another suggestion? New members often do not understand that posting the same question in multiple sections of the forum is not the way to get an answer.

Select a sub-forum that relates to your problem or question. Example: Your clutch won't disengage. Go to the trouble shooting section and post your question there, once. Don't move around the forum duplicating your question in several areas in hopes of getting a better response. That's considered poor forum etiquette and multiple and duplicate posts or threads will be removed by the staff.

By all means, as was suggested before, try using the Google Custom Search feature located at the top of each page you visit. Type in any keyword/s (example: Spark Plug) and you'll immediately be rewarded with many pages of discussion on that topic. Of course if you don't find an answer there you're free to ask but select the appropriate sub-section to post your inquiry and only post it once.

Tom
Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Oh wow I cringed hard when I read those 3 new member posts in this thread. I just joined myself, but I knew how the forum worked lol. It happens in every forum though so like KC said, no harm no foul.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:01 AM

Right now I'm too drunk to know if I'm in the right section; trying to find the tavern. LOL
Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR Jerry View Post
Right now I'm too drunk to know if I'm in the right section; trying to find the tavern. LOL
(smiles at Jerry) but it does bring up another important newbie point, where the heck are you here?

Most every forum web site has a 'You are HERE' map at the top like this.

The text is all clickable links to that area.

Clicking the 'Motorized Bicycle - Engine Kit Forum' will list All the Main Forums.
Clicking a Main Forum like 'Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum' you see all the Sub-Forums, 2 in this case.
Clicking a Sub-Forum will show you all the Topics in that Sub Forum, hence this 'Attention new members' Topic, clicking it here will simply put you back to the first post here in the Topic you are in.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:17 AM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Talking Re: Attention new members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCvale View Post
(smiles at Jerry) but it does bring up another important newbie point, where the heck are you here?

Most every forum web site has a 'You are HERE' map at the top like this.

The text is all clickable links to that area.

Clicking the 'Motorized Bicycle - Engine Kit Forum' will list All the Main Forums.
Clicking a Main Forum like 'Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum' you see all the Sub-Forums, 2 in this case.
Clicking a Sub-Forum will show you all the Topics in that Sub Forum, hence this 'Attention new members' Topic, clicking it here will simply put you back to the first post here in the Topic you are in.
That is genius.... I'm off too see the wizard.....!

Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy respect.....you have to earn it"
==================================================
Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I am new to the motorized bike world. I am very good at building things though. I want to put a motor on a full suspension mountain bike. I plan on using the bike as normal and with the motor from time to time. I want to know what is the best mountain bike out there that is capable of having a motor installed on it. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks