Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Clutch adjustment??

I think I need to tighten my clutch. The last few times I've went to start my bike, I pop the clutch its not grabbing and turning the motor over. The chains are turning but not engaging the motor. I do this 2 or 3 times and it will eventually grab and start. Does that sound right needing to tighten clutch so soon. My kit is only been running for about 2mos. I live on a small hill and peddle fast downhill before popping clutch. Maybe scuff pads or clean out clutch dust?

Last edited by Jamesgregory; 05-11-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Clutch adjustment??

yep, happens all the time - first check the adjustment of the cable, then do the flower nut
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Clutch adjustment??

I agree with crassius. a good way to do this easily is to lock on a pair of vise grips to the clutch cable right up close to the back of the cable stop. This prevents you from losing its current place. THEN with 3 hands- loosen the stop and turn the arm in just a little with another pair of vg or an adjustable wrench. Not too much about a 32nd of an inch. Then slide the stop up to that point and tighten. Test it by Dis-engaging the clutch and spin the rear wheel. Should spin with no drag. Good Luck!