Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:42 PM

Default Re: A Colorado Rocky Mountain Hi

Lone Ranger,
I sell motorized comfort bicycles with a front suspension and am located in Monument Colorado. A 2 stroke frame mounted bike with a 55 tooth rear sprocket would be PERFECT to suit your needs.
Top speed in Colorado with a 55 tooth rear sprocket would be 15-20 mph depending on altitude and you would be able to climb ANY hill in Colorado. I have ridden hours and hours on mountain forestry roads on similar bikes without any problem. Contact me at rcjunkie@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

PS To take into account loss of power with increasing altitude and increasing richness, I overcome this by adding methanol/nitromethane based fuel to the tank. I typically use 2 oz per 1/2gallon of 20/20 model airplane fuel for rides above 5,000 feet and 3 oz/per 1/2 gallon for rides above 9,000 feet. However, this is because I run a 48 or 50 tooth sprocket and don't wish to pedal on those steep mountain passes. With a 55 tooth sprocket, you wouldn't have any need to do this unless you wanted to.

Last edited by Skyliner70cc; 03-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
LORD VADER Moderator

Mr. Lone ranger
I visit Colorado now and then I go to Hooper I've got family there and I love the hot springs water to go swimming there winter or summer its great and the valley where Hooper is lights up at night during the summer when thunder storms hit on the mountains very very cool to see Gods free fireworks. while swimming in the hot springs pool. If you ever get down in the Texas panhandle which by the way is only 6 to 8 hrs from Hooper look me and Ilikeabikea up.
Norman
Old 03-14-2008, 06:03 PM
minor bike philosopher

Well I never been to Colorado but I did like John Denver music. Does that count? I also hear it has dynamite views. Not much chance i'll make it in this lifetime. Maybe i'll make it next time around.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I'm a John Denver's music fan and that does count. He and George Burns in the "O God" movie is one of our favorites. I am a novice photographer and can send you some photos especially if you like trees. I did a CD called "Tree Magic: Nature's Antennas" before I quit book publishing. You can still see some of the old web page at: Tree Magic : Nature's Antennas
Old 03-14-2008, 07:56 PM
minor bike philosopher

I am a bit of a photographer myself. We need to work out some kind of theme and shoot some shots just for the forum. (maybe scenes from the seat of a motor bike.) Of course I still use film for real photography. I even shoot a few old cameras now and then. That is a crown graphic in my avitar. I also built a few cameras last year before I got involved with bikes. This is like building cameras, hank of hair and a piece of bone kind of thing.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Hi Lone Ranger and welcome to the group. I've only been through CO once and I loved every minute of it, Colorado is truly Gods country. Great shots you've posted, I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future. Now on to bikes, being at 10,000' you may want to look into a jet kit from Mike Simpson which will help with your fuel mixture. Mike is a member here, I would sugest contacting him here or through his site Simpson Motor Bikes for more info...Kelly
Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 AM
LORD VADER Moderator

Mr. Lone Ranger
If I get one of my bikes to Hooper sometimes I'll take along the solder and drills I;ll be Abe to report on what to do at 7,000 ft. at least and I'll have to try it at one of the passes La Vita comes to mind Monarch would really be the best test I don't remember the one out of Aspen I think it is 12,000 ft and it was hard for me to walk and talk at the same time last time I was there. Start of summer me and the guys were having a good snowball fight everyone got in it I wore out quickly.
Norman
Old 03-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodnic View Post
Hi Lone Ranger and welcome to the group. I've only been through CO once and I loved every minute of it, Colorado is truly Gods country. Great shots you've posted, I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future. Now on to bikes, being at 10,000' you may want to look into a jet kit from Mike Simpson which will help with your fuel mixture. Mike is a member here, I would sugest contacting him here or through his site Simpson Motor Bikes for more info...Kelly
Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the Jet Pack once I get a bike. It sounds like it might launch me Hi Yo Slivering off a mountain pass.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:57 PM
minor bike philosopher

It's hard to imagine how much fun these bikes really are.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:25 AM

I contacted Mike last year via email regarding his Jet kit. His reply was that the jets were all larger in size and not smaller which doesn't help us folks in Colorado. There are two options for Coloradoans: Solder and redrill a smaller jet hole or use a fuel mixture that will run at the richer mixtures with the stock jet.

Several high altitude options:
1. Run a blend of E85 and regular gasoline. Straight E85 requires a 40% richer mixture. Straight E85 doesn't work at my altitude (too lean) but a 65% gasoline and 35% E85 blend seemed to work perfect at 7000 feet.

2. Experiment with methanol/nitromethane-available in model airplane fuel-in very small amounts. Nitromethane is like a liquid turbocharger additive. A VERY SMALL amount per/gallon is needed to fix the problem but too much will cause a lean run that can be damaging.