Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Bike Carrier

Does anyone use a bike carrier on their auto to transport their motorized bicycle on trips such as vacation? If so, what should I look for?

I've never used a carrier and would like to get a little more insight on it's use.

Thanks in advance!!

(I did search, but didn't find much info.....)
You're never lost until you run outa gas.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Bike Carrier

I've comparison shopped the bike carriers available at some of the stores around here. The problem I've seen is the low max weight capacity of many of them. A rack that is supposed to carry three bikes that can only hold 130 lbs. Granted, I don't have a hitch to put that style on, but even many of them were not rated for 150+ lbs. My beast weighs in at 84 lbs according to the trade scale at work. I haven't looked closely at roof carriers, but I really don't like the idea of getting the beast up there and down again.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser