Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default took a long break now on to my second build

well it's been a long time since i've been on these forums. after wrecking my first build twice, i want to come back and build another but fix all the weaknesses of my first one.
i used a grubee gt5 on my first build, now i'm stepping it up to a 212cc predator
i also need to get an old schwinn cruiser or other older bike, i might stretch it some
i plan on disc brakes in the front, so if you guys could give me recomendations for front hubs/forks that would be great
are there any freehubs with a 50t or 56t sprocket built in? i really don't like the clamp to the spokes thing or the coaster brakes
what are some good strong rims? I plan on some heavy gauge spokes
my final question. i feel that the throttle handle/cable that come in the kits are rather cheap feeling and a very weak point, does anyone make better ones or can you use one of a motorcycle?

it's great to be back, somehow i just got back into the motor biking mood after about 6 months of not even touching mine
meanwhile i plan on doing something like this to my existing bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ericbike_3.jpg (116.7 KB, 37 views)
There's three things you need to exceed in life...
if you have to loose one, loose the gun.
if you have to loose another, loose the smile
but never loose your plan.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: took a long break now on to my second build

Wow, that's a HUGE engine. If you want strong rims, I would recommend worksman. Sportsman Flyer sells them and has said that he had rear drum brakes in stock that use a split sprocket (http://www.sportsmanflyer.blogspot.c...rake-hubs.html). If you go that route the worksman front drum is a good brake. For the forks, I like the Monark Springer style and you can get those that are compatible with disc or drum. I am using the drum setup on my bike and it looks nice.
I would recommend the throttle from sick bike parts. These are amazing compared to the kit throttle.
EZMotorbike Dealer in Sault Ste Marie, MI
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: took a long break now on to my second build

Welcome back. Sounds like a big step up. I like the seat in the photo. Puts you in a nice riding position and I imagine that with good padding it would be very comfortable. Going to remember that!
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...