Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

OCC pedal chopper

This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Post OCC pedal chopper

I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase the Pedal Chopper engine kit for OCC stingrays. It seems like a real solid kit and the upgrades for the exhaust and other components will hopefully lighten my load. Has anyone used it, and if so have any suggestions or review?
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Thumbs up Re: OCC pedal chopper

Do it and Don't Hesitate. The OCC Schwin Stingray is an eye catching bike alone but slap an engine on one and you're wake up the neighbors and everyone wants an even closer look at yours.
I just completed my engine build and just in time for summer. There are plenty of places to buy the kit from online as you know. Pedalchoppers.com was real helpful and even talked me through some things over the phone. I'm new to small engines so I couldn't put it together without that help. After the build I uploaded a video and pics of the test run to YouTube. Check it out and let me know what you think and ask any questions you may have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qgiD6xAk8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	513.4 KB
ID:	57722  
The Following User Says Thank You to ResetBTTN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResetBTTN View Post
Do it and Don't Hesitate. The OCC Schwin Stingray is an eye catching bike alone but slap an engine on one and you're wake up the neighbors and everyone wants an even closer look at yours.
I just completed my engine build and just in time for summer. There are plenty of places to buy the kit from online as you know. Pedalchoppers.com was real helpful and even talked me through some things over the phone. I'm new to small engines so I couldn't put it together without that help. After the build I uploaded a video and pics of the test run to YouTube. Check it out and let me know what you think and ask any questions you may have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_qgiD6xAk8
ResetBTTN, very nice build!!!

Video is impressive.

I concur with you, Jim @Pedalchopper.com is a great guy and really goes above and beyond for those in the Motorized Bicycling Community.
Not only with his pedalchopper parts & accessories but his trouble shooting build assistance for those who might be new to motorized bicycles.

BTW, Welcome to the forum, ResetBTTN

C.H.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Horse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 04:40 PM

Default Re: OCC pedal chopper

Crazy Horse, thanks for the well welcome to the forum. That build was fun and I'm real excited to finally have it for the spring/summer here in TX. Thanks for the compliments on it. Good to know that you've worked with Jim also. I'll recommend anyone instested in building one to talk with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResetBTTN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I got some stuff from Jim, superb quality!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

yeah my kit came in sunday so I'm starting to work on it in my spare time. Any tips for this particular build?
Old 03-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett66 View Post
yeah my kit came in sunday so I'm starting to work on it in my spare time. Any tips for this particular build?
Garrett, you might want to consider adding the sick bike parts shift kit from Link Below:
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog...fafnkufuhrr0r6

Maybe consider upgrade to 5-speed retro fit kit for Schwinn OCC Stingray Pedal Chopper, from Jim @Pedalchoppers.com

http://www.pedalchopper.com/supersiz...-rr-wheel-kit/

Front brake upgrade for the Schwinn OCC Pedal Chopper, also from Jim @ Pedalchopper.com

I've been to Wilmington, N.C. many times they're aren't really any hills / inclines to climb, except for the intercoastal waterway bridge over to beach, so keeping it a single speed will be fine.

Garrett, can you post a picture of your OCC Pedal Chopper, is it Chrome, Red, Black, Blue, or Green OCC Pedal Chopper that you are motorizing?

C.H.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 03-19-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Typos
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Horse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Wow, this reminds me of walking into a car dealership wearing nice clothes, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 16v4nrbrgr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

so I've hooked everything up and I'm 99% sure I did it right based off of my research but I tried to fire her up yesterday and had no luck. After many dis-assemblies and re-assemblies, it looks like the carb isn't even feeding the air/fuel mixture into the compression chamber. I have pretty much zero experience with engines so if there's any tips or tricks on this please let me know or tell me if I'm wrong. I have a crapload of pictures but haven't had a chance to upload them. I will ASAP.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:51 PM

Bummer...but you're in the right place to find out the possibilities if issues. I'm new to motor bicycling too and have found alot about mine from the experienced motorheads in this forum. Repost with what type of motor you have and that'll be a start for getting help from the group.
My only solution would be to ask if you flipped the fuel line switch to on. Just my hunch.
Good luck.

{~If at first you fall off just hit your ResetBTTN~}