Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Hello from Dorset, UK

I've just discovered this brilliant forum. I got rid of my last chinese engined bicycle about a year ago and miss it.
I can't say it was the most reliable of things but boy what fun!

I am now thinking of getting another kit and fancy one of the Golden Eagle kits from USA. Probably a Tanaka 32cc.

Really looking for some advice. I want to use it to commute to work, about 20 miles there (not legal in UK, I realise, but worst comes to worst I can peddle) and have some quite steep hills. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I'm open to hear them.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Default Re: Hello from Dorset, UK

hi john and welcome to the forum. we have a lot of people on the forum that are pretty good with the gas bikes. i am riding electrics now so can't be much help but i did want to welcome you. we have a great bunch of guys and gals on the forum
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I will say hello, and add that a 23cc friction drive was a bit questionable on the steeper hills for me.

That's a smaller engine I know. I am 200 lbs, and the hills were what I'd call "moderate".
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Hi mate, I've made one legal here an it wasn't that hard an ( a big learning curve like) but not hard, my builds on here, you'll get there :-)