Dopor 196cc Engine?

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
the preddy 79 is probably all of 3hp, esp when ungoverned like everyone uses them and the 99

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
seeings how theres a vast array of laws all over the board in most states, you can expect the bikes to be different.
Your legal may not be the next guys....doesnt make them fake anything....just not like everyones.
here in CT anything with a seat height of 26" and 5hp and under is legal...you wanna pedal up hills........feel free
To the comment about there being "a vast array of laws all over the board in most states", not actually so. We've compiling a data base of Moped and motorized bicycle regs in the US that is showing a majority of states have a uniformity of compliance with under 50cc and 2 HP. CT is one of the notable exceptions at 5 HP........for the time being anyway.

To the other comments, well as Aleman succinctly put it upthread, I'm not here to debate my opinion, bicycles were made to be pedaled.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Then pull any engines you have installed and stop hopping on your tiny engine soapbox on every thread you don't agree with

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Then pull any engines you have installed and stop hopping on your tiny engine soapbox on every thread you don't agree with
No thanks I'm good, been around these parts for 4 1/2 years with no problems and been motorizing bikes far longer than that. How long have you been around? Got an opinion, then voice it, that's the way it works. Sorry if you don't like that but you don't get to dictate to me what to post or what to do.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
not at all......just not everyones the same or ever will be.....bigger stuff is allowed other places....so what

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I just want to add some of my own info to this, because it seems this thread is getting a bit off track. I have my 49cc HS for practical use around the neighborhood and for errands. I never said I wanted a 200cc engine for practical use. I want it for power, power, and more power.
It might be on track, the race track, lol. Seriously though, maybe that's what you want it for, if so go for it. I've seen some of the bikes scotto builds for the track, slick and fast, so I wouldn't totally disregard his pov.

200cc's is way too much engine for practical bicycle usage. I'm very serious when I say this!
Please understand......
scotto-

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
How fast do you want to go and how much power do you want?

I have a bike with 120cc, it can't climb Maria Ave. on dictionary hill in Spring Valley (5th steepest in the nation), but it has roared up every other hill I put it against.

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Enough power to be able to slam on the gas and really feel the power of the engine. Speed wise, maybe 45 max, but that's just being optimistic. Right now i can get up to 38 on flat ground with my HS.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Although 99cc are no longer made, you can get one for slightly more than they were originally sold.
But you can get a 79cc predator delivered your door in cali for under 115 bucks with a coupon. That's what im going with

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Enough power to be able to slam on the gas and really feel the power of the engine. Speed wise, maybe 45 max, but that's just being optimistic. Right now i can get up to 38 on flat ground with my HS.
My bike will go 38 up hill and around 45 on flat ground but it doesn't have scary torque that makes me feel like the engine is trying to jump out of the frame. If that's what you want, the 212cc can be had for 99 dollars with a coupon.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
There's a couple options how to mount a predator engine on a felt.... do some research on the forum,Google, YouTube, and etc ....
What ever answer you can't find just the question on the forum.

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
One of the great things about our sport of motorizing bicycles is that it allows for the creation of what our imaginations can come up with. It can be as safe or dangerous as the individual allows. There is no right or wrong amout of engine in a frame. Early motorcycles were just bicycles with engines. Yes, we have all seen some of the dangerous contraptions on this very forum but we have also seen some works of art. The individualism is what makes it unique. If a person chooses to mount a large motor in a flimsy frame then they alone must accept the risks and liability. I myself am a cautious person and overbuild everything, but I have no interest in a 48cc 2-stroke in a Walmart bike.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
lowandslow is right.......use a good bike if youre gonna add power at high levels . one with disc brakes or bigger drums like a worksman etc.