Hello to all from down under POWER FOR BIKE IDEA

GoldenMotor.com

Bikesthatgo

Oct 31, 2008
Adelaide
Hi, Have found a very interesting generator that might even power you cigarette lighter :) small Alternator, small generator, mini generator (YAF-54) | Ningbo Haishu Jiangnan Motor Factory http://http://www.ecvv.com/product/vp941232/China-small-Alternator-small-generator-mini-generator-YAF-54.html
There is one almost identical that they claim can out put 100w, anyway the thing is it has to be driven at some speed to do its job, so thought I would throw it in to make it easier, more heads together is better.
Not sure about the laws that might be coming your way, as down here in OZ they are thinking along the lines that us motorised bikes must have turning indicators and good lights.
There was an accident between two bikes in New South Wales recently that both riders were taken to hospital with burns after the bikes caught fire on impact, that leaky fuel cap or the fuel line broke.
Bottom line is we have some clowns around, not much wrong with some people until they get behind the wheel.
Cheers to all
Rob

Attachments

Bikesthatgo

Oct 31, 2008
Adelaide
Hi, Have just returned from a foundry, and looks like a few case modifications and it will be a goer, driven straight from the crank

Bikesthatgo

Oct 31, 2008
Adelaide
Hi, Just an update, I included a link to the crash in NSW, Two injured in motorised bicycle crash things like this we do not need so it quiet on the cards that they will be banned in that state, so many continue to use the fish tank fuel lines that come with the engine, and the leaky fuel caps don't help. I found an old locking fuel cap that had a cork seal, a bit of trimming and all fixed. But in all fairness no one can prepare for a collision, people collide on two feet and are worse with shopping trolly's :)

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
The only problem with having a fuel cap that is completely sealed is it won't let in air as the gas goes out..then no more gas will come out. I'll agree, there needs to be a better way than just having a crappy leaking gas cap.

Bikesthatgo

Oct 31, 2008
Adelaide
Hi, We have three motorised bikes in this household and have just replaced all the seals two with a neoprene rubber one with cork, has anyone noticed that the new seals are very pliable when new, but after a few weeks the become harder, then a few weeks on you can break them. After we changed all our seals we did a round trip to the beach for dinner ( was very calm and a nice 30c,, what a night for riding ) about a 30 klm round trip and had no problem with fuel not getting through, I think enough air must get in around where the chrome bit is pressed to the insert.