Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: Reasons for riding MB

Because my truck can pass anything on the road except a gas station........... Oh wait My truck doesn't pass anything including a gas station....... And the looks, the comments, good or bad, the questions, the " that is sooo cooooool " the freedom, the relaxation, the dog on Lost Arrow Road chasing after me, the quiet buzz of my GX35, pullin one over on oil companies, the two sure fire smells of summer, fresh cut grass and cow ****. All at a blazingly slow and comfortable 20 something miles an hour. What did I leave out ?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

The beer store is over 2 miles from my trailer park. After getting arrested for drunk driving for the umteenth time I decided I needed an alternative form of transportation, especially since they took my license, insurance, and pickup truck away from me for life. That's going to be a long time since I'm only 22 and a half years old. Anyway back to the point, the other day I overheard some other drunks in the holding tank talking about riding motor bicycles to get their booze, and how you don't even need a license to ride with a sack of 40s. I knew right then that motor bicycles were for me. As soon as I get my next government disability check I'm going to buy a used motor bicycle, a 4 stroke, so I can stop having to walk to the beer store all the time. I'm looking forward to getting drunk, and maybe riding with you all sometime. Cheers!!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 PM

Gas today is $1.497 per liter, or $5.66 per US gallon in Vancouver.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM

I bought mine for small shopping trips into town rather than take the car. As long as it isn't something that needs refriderated and isn't large and heavy.

Plus, I've been out picking up beer cans, bottles and liquor bottles in the neighourhood and beyond. Cans and bottles are $.10 each, liquor $.10-$.20 depending on size. So far this year since the spring, I've collected approximately $125 worth. That almost covers the cost of the engine.
I used to do a lot of bike riding when I was young, picking up cans and bottles back in the days. In a year I'd pedal about 2500 km's. Well...I thought I'd get back into it. But with a motor this time. LOL!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
The beer store is over 2 miles from my trailer park. After getting arrested for drunk driving for the umteenth time I decided I needed an alternative form of transportation, especially since they took my license, insurance, and pickup truck away from me for life. That's going to be a long time since I'm only 22 and a half years old. Anyway back to the point, the other day I overheard some other drunks in the holding tank talking about riding motor bicycles to get their booze, and how you don't even need a license to ride with a sack of 40s. I knew right then that motor bicycles were for me. As soon as I get my next government disability check I'm going to buy a used motor bicycle, a 4 stroke, so I can stop having to walk to the beer store all the time. I'm looking forward to getting drunk, and maybe riding with you all sometime. Cheers!!
LOL, this is hilarious but I think someone might have hijacked your account Biknut!! hahah
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
LOL, this is hilarious but I think someone might have hijacked your account Biknut!! hahah
That was a total lie. The beer store is less than one mile away.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
That was a total lie. The beer store is less than one mile away.
Okay, that's MUCH more like it. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 PM

Talking Re: Reasons for riding MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
Gas today is $1.497 per liter, or $5.66 per US gallon in Vancouver.
Those prices look like a bargain compared to the UK and the rest of Europe. LOL

Canada has the largest deposits of Oil Sands on the planet. Gas should be almost as cheap as water there. I don't get it.

Last edited by miked826; 07-15-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

One simple reason....FUN.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Whoa I lol'd at that one. But seriously I keep the 40's in my back-pack, not the plastic bag it throws off the bikes balance.

Tags
bicycle, commuting, speed enhancing