Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:15 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Bicycle horns?

Hi everyone: I'm thinking about getting a bicycle horn for my 2 stroke MB. It has to be loud enough to be an effective audible warning on the road and loud enough to be heard over my rather loud engine. I don't want ones that chirp or ring a bell. The best one I have seen so far is called the AirZound (video here). You can pump it up with air pressure and it makes a nice loud horn like sound. The only problem with it is that you must mount a rather large air tank on which I have no real room for. I saw one called the Horn-it (video here) that runs on batteries and makes pretty loud beep sound. It's not as loud as the AirZound but it still seems pretty effective. It also has a setting for a chirping sound which seems kinda useless to me but it has much better mounting options. Has anyone put a horn on their MB? What did you get and do you find it effective? Any new horns on the market these days anyone can recommend for MBs??
Old 01-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Default Re: Bicycle horns?

I just picked up an Airzound. I like it for the fact that it doesn't use batteries and can be refilled quickly (1 second with compressor). I have not used it in traffic but it did scare the crap out of my unsuspecting wife! I have not mounted it yet but with the weather here I am in no hurry!
EZMotorbike Dealer in Sault Ste Marie, MI
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM

The AirZound horn is an excellent investment, I've put them on two bikes so far. Drivers (including large trucks and semis) can hear it in traffic, as well as a pedestrian with music louder than your motor blasting in thier ears.

It's also fun to 'race' with a train and hit the horn. The few times I've done it they've smiled, waved and honked back. (Note: on a road alongside the tracks, with no intent of trying to cross the train's path. Don't ever try to do that.)

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM

How about a disposable airhorn? They cost like $2-3 and are louder than almost any car.