Emergency Kit Thread

GoldenMotor.com

MTB Moto

Dec 4, 2009
USA
Show or tell us what you carry in your Emergency Kit(EK)...
...just in case you have a break down!

I also mt bike as a hobby, so I carry my mt bike hydro pack while motorized bicycle riding.

With all the essentials I would need to repair a flat, or broken chain, wrench to remove wheels, 2 inner tubes, patch kit, vice grips, multi tool, zip ties, safety wire, electrical wire, a lighter, hose clamps, chain lube, chain breaker, small assort of nuts and bolts, duct tape, money and change, band aids, a rag, shifter, brake, & throttle inner cables, brake pads, energy bars...

...it doubles as a EK for my MB. For my MB, I add a small bottle of 2 stroke oil, a few spare spark plugs and wrench, a piece of fuel line.

Keeps me from walking.
How about you?
.wee.

vachon644

Nov 27, 2011
Quebec city, QC, Canada
I only have a Leatherman Wave multitool in my suit if I ever need to remove the chain, I don't go really far anyway so I can always drag the bike home (worst case scenario : one wheel is flat or has locked up).. I'd rather make sure everything is tight and good beforehand than tinkle on the side of the road.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
cell phone for me too.....not interested in working along side the road, knowing I wont have brung what I'll be needing most likely

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I'm new to gasbikes, and was looking around before I started a thread on this. Should summer ever come, I intend to ride this bike on forest service roads. There are many that are closed to autos but are very passable in my area. Gonna end up camping, I know it! I'm good to go on personal survival, my question is: Planning to go far, trying to keep it light, and wanting to eat your cake too, what do you carry in your repair kit? 2 inner tubes- not just a patch kit? Etc etc. I'd like to hear from everyone- carry nothing to carry half the shop.
MTB Moto- I like that list. "a few spark plugs"? I've got a 49cc 4-stroke with a Grubee stage 3 gearbox, do I need to do that? Some

Last edited:

MTB Moto

Dec 4, 2009
USA
I'm new to gasbikes, and was looking around before I started a thread on this. Should summer ever come, I intend to ride this bike on forest service roads. There are many that are closed to autos but are very passable in my area. Gonna end up camping, I know it! I'm good to go on personal survival, my question is: Planning to go far, trying to keep it light, and wanting to eat your cake too, what do you carry in your repair kit? 2 inner tubes- not just a patch kit? Etc etc. I'd like to hear from everyone- carry nothing to carry half the shop.
MTB Moto- I like that list. "a few spark plugs"? I've got a 49cc 4-stroke with a Grubee stage 3 gearbox, do I need to do that? Some

Trey:

Not bagging on 2 strokes, they do foul plugs at times, 4 strokes less chance, but from years of racing Motos I always carry at least one spark plug and wrench, anything beats walking out.

A spark plug is usually very simple to get at and change, so first line of attack when my MB or Moto dies is to check for spark, having a wrench and new plug is perfect. Small and easy to store. I throw mine in a plastic bag so it doesn't get wet.

I guess I could add carrying a little extra weight in...
...is better than pushing a lot of extra weight out!

Let us know how your trip goes, we can always learn from others experiences!

MTBMoto
drn2

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
MTB Moto- "anything beats walking out", don't know why but that makes me grin. You have hit the nail on the head! I'm a good while from a trip yet, we've got alot of winter to go here, and this contraption has quite a few bugs to work out.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
My circa 1988 Leatherman (in an actual LEATHER belt-case), reflector-tape covrered backpack with a toolkit pouch: 1/4" ratchet w/ 6" extender with 8mm & 10mm socket (brake/accoutrement nuts and mounting/banjo-nuts), 1/2" ratchet with 14mm & 15mm socket (head & axle), Park bike-tool (assorted hex rods and tire-wedges). Quart of premixed 2-stroke/castor (20%) with reverse-siphon measurer, empty half-pint oil-container (when pumping up, I squirt a little gasoline in there and mix it up with the 2-stroke...then into full-tank), some extra spark-plug, extra magneto-coil, spare brake-cable, flat repair kit, hand-pump, bailing wire, electrical tape, velcro straps, assorted nuts studs washers and lock-washers, SteelStik, RadioShack digital multimeter and IR thermometer (with laser! (beew! beew!)), mini BUNGY CORDS!, and batteries for the lights.

.mbv.