New, lostand confused

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There are a number of bolt holes on the underside of the engine, so I assume one gets a steel/ally plate about 1/4" thick and then drill to suit. Probably after mounting the plate to the seat post and the rear frame tubes, in order to get the chain line right. Since I need to get the overall ratio down to about 30:1 for the 1kw classification, it's going to be fun finding a way of mounting a 70+ tooth sprocket to the back wheel.

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
70+ toothed sprocket????????!!!!!!!! that's a BIG sprocket. possibly have to be custom made? you couldn't bolt it on in the same fashion as the off the shelf kits. the spokes wouldn't last a crack. just emailed the company to find out where my magneto is. and waiting on reply.I emailed them on the 18/12/12 and they said it was being posted on the 19/12/12. this is now the 3/1/13. where is it???? I could have made a paper plane, taped the magneto to it and threw it across the Irish sea and it would have arrived before now. GOD!!!!! I love the Royal Mail

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The sprocket is a stock item at PS. The Cag will be restricted on rpm, and doesn't have much torgue anyway, so the only problem is fitting it.

saul

Nov 6, 2012
N.Ireland
that is almost exactly what i want to build only bigger. i finally got my magneto the other day and I'm up an running again. After nearly 3 weeks I'm back on the road again yea har!!!