First motorized bicycle and first accident.

GoldenMotor.com

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
had a accident today. Was on a evening drive, rounded turn and there was a car blocking the whole road, apparently pulling into his driveway and taking his sweet time regardless of the fact there was nothing in his driveway to prevent him from pulling into his driveway -_- Not able to stop i hit the curb and learned to fly briefly.. hit the concrete and rolled for a bit. Now i have two totaled rims, road rash, cuts and a wrist i cant really use till it stops hurting to move. But hey it could have been much worse since i was wearing my mad bomber hat and no helmet. miraculously my head is un touched.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Re: First MB and first accident.

Sorry about the flight lesson but glad you are OK. It's very hard to predict what a cager will do.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

The bikes DO take some getting used to- after racing USCF for 14 seasons, I was very wary of it at first- and knew right away my bike with two caliper brakes ABSOLUTELY needed a dual brake lever- makes a BIG DIFFERENCE in control- essential.

I HOPE it was an accident too- there's a lot of people with a lot of hassle out there-

and it almsot seems looking back that there was this behaviour more when I was getting statrted- to sort of get the car more in the way- and maybe a little less as I;m all over now and it's not so novel an idea to motiorists either-

still be careful- had a car parked facing the wrong way on the right pull out from behind another parked car just as I got there a couple of months back- still wonder if it was intentional, it was so well timed and not something done much in this area....

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.

Sure glad you didnt get hurt to badly, really need to watch automobiles closely , they do the darnt things. sorry to hear it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

That's a bummer. Glad you'll heal. Bikes can be replaced. The best part is it will be a lot harder for that to happen to you again, because now you'll be expecting it.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK

Something I learned a long time ago was never to go faster than you can see to stop safely. This was after a near miss that nearly took my head off.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Sorry to hear that you went down!
I hope soon you'll be riding around!
Play it safe and don't push your sore wrist too hard too soon, that's a part you want really strong and reliable, and they don't make replacement parts for...yet.

I am glad that it was not worse for you. Replacement parts for your MB are alot easier to come by and alot less painful.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Glad to hear you have survived your first incident of pilot error.
The lesson will help even though it came the hard way.
Heal quickly! and get back in the saddle... :)
rc

Trevorsking

Aug 23, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA

Glad to hear it is nothing to serious, but you should still go get that wrist checked out soon to make sure it heals correctly. The helmet is the way to go, take it from someone who collects VA disability for the rest of my life for a traumatic brain injury (TBI) from desert storm. You never know what to expect from me everyday after mine, Ask my wife, no please don't, lol. Hope you heal fast and can twist that throttle on your repaired bike very soon.

Ron
(Trevor is my son and the king around here.)

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina

Posting an update here.
My wrist and other wounds are slowly healing.
Also want to thank all the people on here for giving me something to do while I heal.
My bike is still busted while I try and find a replacement bike I can afford.
I learned many lessons from this accident and I am thankful it wasn't more serious.

H.R. huffinstuff

Jan 27, 2012
Puyallup, WA

Sorry to hear that you went down!
I hope soon you'll be riding around!
Play it safe and don't push your sore wrist too hard too soon, that's a part you want really strong and reliable, and they don't make replacement parts for...yet.

I am glad that it was not worse for you. Replacement parts for your MB are alot easier to come by and alot less painful.
true, but nobody prescribes vicodin for a busted up bike laff