Felt Propaganda w/ Hs142

GoldenMotor.com

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida

It's been almost a year in the making, but I finally finished my bike enough to go for a nice ride today. Still need to put on a bicycle chain on the pedal side and tune her up a bit, but this build is basically done. I short, here is what makes it up:

Felt Propaganda Frame - Tank sealed, KW Machineworks Billet gas cap and bung installed and powdercoated by Norm @ VMB
Felt Abraham Linkage fork
Worksman Wheels with drum brake and Schwalbe Fat Franks
Huasheng 142 49cc engine with that's Dax transmission
Pirate Cycles sprocket adaptor w/ 52 Tooth sprocket
KW Machineworks Chain Tensioner
Phantom Bikes Engine Mount
Phantom Bikes Exhaust
Domino Throttle and Clubman Handlebars from Treatland
Plus numerous other bits and bobs from numerous vendors.

More Pictures HERE

I'll post more details later when I have time...

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Awesome build !
Im also currently building a bike with similar look as yours.
Except mine is a micargi phantom.

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=43959

I was also gunning for a phantom exhaust and monarch forks, but i couldn't afford both...monarchs it was

do you have the link for those handle bars?

how is the motor responding with that transmission and sprocket set up?
i have one too but never got to use it because i didnt have the mula for a new sprocket.

Awesome build, i like the lines those bikes have along with the classic forks, drums, and white tires makes a good looking bike

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
UMMMMMmm FELT! Tastes like VICTORY!! .flg. Congrats on a quality build! Looks really good.

Last edited:

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
So, I have to make some adjustments. The carb sat with gas in it and the idle is rough and when I let off the choke, the bike runs absolutely great until I let off the throttle at which point is dies immediately...

Also, the exhaust note with the Phantom exhaust is great but the noise from the tranny and valves is way too loud for my liking. I have to get some feeler gauges so I can adjust the valves, and I suppose I should open up the transmission and regrease it. Any suggestions on what I should use for that?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
So, I have to make some adjustments. The carb sat with gas in it and the idle is rough and when I let off the choke, the bike runs absolutely great until I let off the throttle at which point is dies immediately...

Also, the exhaust note with the Phantom exhaust is great but the noise from the tranny and valves is way too loud for my liking. I have to get some feeler gauges so I can adjust the valves, and I suppose I should open up the transmission and regrease it. Any suggestions on what I should use for that?
The idle problem sounds like your idle jet is clogged from sitting with gas in it. Gasoline these days in NOT like it was when we grew up....two weeks is about as long as you want it sitting around unless you use a stabiliser in the fuel, ESPECIALLY winter blended fuel. (too much alcohol or something)

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Yeah, my diagnosis too. I have to find some fine wire to clean it thought. Carb cleaner wasn't sufficient...

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Adjusted the valves, replaced the spark plus, cleaned the idle jet, hooked up the pedal side chain and took her for a ride.

1000% improvement. The valve noise is gone, idle is smooth and the prostate jarring vibration at WOT is gone. Wish I had a speedo to see what she can do...

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Had my wife pace me in the car yesterday. Clocked 32 on the flats. That's just fine by me - at least until I feel compelled to build something with a GX160...

spiderskzes

Oct 10, 2012
san diego
How Is that transmission working out? I've always wondered since it says on the website its for racing but it's cheaper than most other transmissions. Thanks

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
How Is that transmission working out? I've always wondered since it says on the website its for racing but it's cheaper than most other transmissions. Thanks
It came with basically the same tranny except with freewheel sprocket. It lasted for 50yards!

The Dax one uses a fixed sprocket and you pick the tooth count. It's a little noisy but it's been trouble free for a few hundred miles. I do feel I should clean out the grease/lubrication it came with and put something better on....