Newbie here, just wanted to say hi! (^_^)

GoldenMotor.com

BikeNewberry

Dec 2, 2012
Kingsburg, CA
Wow, this site is AWESOME! I've been doing some research on bicycle motors and, thanks to motorbicycling.com, all of my questions have thus far been answered. I live in Calif. so finding a bicycle motor has proven to be quite a task. There's a local guy that somehow is able to get his hands on them and sell them via Craigslist, but for a first-time build, I wanted to make the best buy possible. At first Motovelo caught my eye, but after all the bad reviews and other info. here and on the web, decided to buy from Venice Motor Bikes instead. Any tips from all you veteran motorbike-builders would be GREAT, especially for a first-timer. I basically commute 5 miles(one way) to work every day, and was wondering if a 2-stroke would be reliable enough to make that trip almost daily. Or would a 4-stroke be the better option?? .bf.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
welcome to the forum and the MB group if you have the money a 100T 4G 4 stroke kit is the way to go if you are looking to go to work on it i was doing this for a while but i broke down 2-3 times with my 66cc(80) 2 stroke and gave up im going to get a 4 stroke and give it another try should be fine after that

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Stick with your original purchase of a 2 stroke and don't hesitate to ask Norm, Venice Motorbikes, for help. He is goood people who will stand behind his sales and get you on the road. Also there's always help available here if you have problems down the road.

Four strokes have their place but there's no reason to assume you can't, won't get reliability from a 2 stroke kit. Install it right, maintain it and it will reward you with many miles of fun and troublefree enjoyment.

Tom

Last edited: