How Ya like me now Gringo?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Many MANY thanks to Sportscarpat for scrounging up his last set of old design bar clamps to match the ones I already had, to make this set of four.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Very Nice! emulating can get pretty messy, glad you kept it clean! now you need to find the right color grey, a pair of Grey Quick Bricks would look killer.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Went out and found some set screws more than twice as long as the ones that come with the clamps and ground em down to a needle point then drilled tiny holes in the bars. Everything is indexed now so NO slipping will be allowed. I can also take apart and put back with no fiddeling with adjustment and getting the look right. The clamps go the the chromer tomarrow, I hope. I also hope they have a way of keeping the chrome out of the threads.

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Something else to consder for a vintage look is you might want to check out a Schwinn Tandem (rear) goose neck, depending on the lenght of the stem tube? it would allow you to raise or lower the handle bars for rider comfort, just something to think about.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I think you should have some simulated dynomite hand grips made with a fuse comming outta both ends for the cycle truck