Please help me!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

potbunny

Nov 26, 2012
Bloomington, IN
hey everyone for my first buid im making a motorized chopper with a frame i got off this guy in town. i am going to use the 212cc predator honda clone for the job but i need some help on the clutch and other parts. i want a chain drive and i have no idea what kind of clutch to use or how many teeth it should have...i kno the engine has alot of torque from the reviews ive read and i want this bike to go pretty fast. i have no idea where to go with this though so a little help would be very appreciated...and a link to the clutch from a trusted site to buy off of. and how big of a back sprocket??? so basically i need to know exactly what to buy for the clutch and back sprockrt! thanks so much in advance!!!!

PS-- the engine has a 3/4 in shaft

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Drive train stuff can be had from AGK as well as high performance engine stuff too.
http://www.affordablegokarts.com/
Check out scotto-'s thread for more ideas on how to build it up.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=32789
There are plenty more members here who have used the HF 212 engine as well.
scotto-'s thread in the only one I have been subscribed to though.
Here is a search I did for "212"
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne...=212&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=212&gsc.page=1
Lots of folks who built one up.

potbunny

Nov 26, 2012
Bloomington, IN
What kind of clutch should I use?? The engine has 5500 rpm max and I want to go pretty fast but most of the clutches on that site engage at 2500 rpm so I feel I won't get the full engine use

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The 2500 rpm engage speed is the speed at which most engines begin to produce useable power. If it engaged below that engine speed the engine would get bogged down and your dead stop acceleration would be terrible.
Most any clutch can be tuned though by the use of different tensioned clutch shoe springs.
Softer springs = a lower engage rpm.
AGK doesn't mess around and would not sell an inferior or poorly thought out product.
They are the engine gurus that worked with sportscarpat and his world record holding Bonneville racer.
You can read all about it on this thread:
Sportsman 200 on Steroids

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
The clutch from a 99cc Predator will not work on a Predator 212cc. In addition, you are going to need to fabricate your own engine mounts since none exist.

I would suggest that you and kksbunny start with a more manageable 1st time project. A 79cc Predator would be a great project. All the parts are available via AGK, including the engine mounts.

If you're stuck on a 212cc Predator, all the information is available from others on this forum who've built their own Predator 212cc motorized bikes. Do a search. I don't think anyone has done a chopper style frame.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue