Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles

Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

SCHWINN FATBOY CHOPPER / I finally found 1 of 50 originally built by schwinn.

This area is for sharing all about our custom stretch cruisers and choppers.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Dealer

Thumbs up SCHWINN FATBOY CHOPPER / I finally found 1 of 50 originally built by schwinn.

If you like the Schwinn Street Series Stingray Chopper / Schwinn XL Adult Chopper/ Schwinn OCC Endorsed Chopper / Schwinn Spoiler Adult Choppers, you might like what I found recently!

Haven't decided to motorize it at the moment.

What would you do if you had this ultra rare Schwinn Fatboy Chopper?

Yes it's the Schwinn Fatboy Chopper with front and rear wheels that are 20-inch X 4-1/4"-inch.

I'm thinking about PedalChoppers Stingray Chopper kit it's the Supersize kit for Adults with the 24-inch wheels with disc brake setup.

Here's a couple of pic's, still has the nubs on the tires never ridden.

These engines work best used for motorizing the Stretch Cruisers & Chopper builds.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: SCHWINN FATBOY CHOPPER / I finally found 1 of 50 originally built by schwinn.

congrats on finding one, I know you have been looking for a long time
my son in law made his own wide triple trees for a long occ based chopper he is building

Intelligence is learning from your own mistakes,
Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others

EZ Motorbike Dealer - Fountain Hills, AZ
www.ezmotorbike.com
EZ Motorbike of Fountain Hills
azgrampa@gmail.com
Old 10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Default Re: SCHWINN FATBOY CHOPPER / I finally found 1 of 50 originally built by schwinn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbill View Post
congrats on finding one, I know you have been looking for a long time
my son in law made his own wide triple trees for a long occ based chopper he is building
Hey Bill; Does your son in law have any frame plans or dimensions he's used? I don't have anything to work with here in Bizarro land! I could use some guidance.

Thanks!
Mac-
Old 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM

where did you find this??? how much???
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 AM

I'd like to know if anyone can provide dimensions of a Schwinn Stingray XL, so I can make something similar, since shipping alone Puerto Rico will cost up to $200, depending on size. it's just not cost effective to buy and ship a frame here, and apparently no dealers here carry the stretch frames. Just need some dimensions, and approx angles, for a starting point.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 PM
STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER

C Horse, Kool Kolor. Put ThatsDax clone on it with a Phantom long pipe on it. It look like a drag bike.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:29 AM

I think you shouldn't motorize the rare bike. It's worth too much to too many people, and you can make something better yourself with suspension. The OCC HT engine mounting isn't reversible, since you have to drill into the bottom tube.

The regular OCC's are cheap used and you can put a motorcycle fork on them and use motorcycle or moped front wheels that will accommodate the fat chopper rear tires like the fat boy. Moped wheels are nice because the drum brakes simplify things greatly. I'm using a 16" front moped wheel on my OCC and it fits 20x4.0 bike tires. In addition to the drum brake, it's easy to mount a disc by putting studs through the side of the wheel hub. There are tons of moped and chopper bicycle parts out there to make it one of a kind.

Nice score though, I bet you can flip it for profit since it's brand new. I like the color blue on it a lot.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:53 AM

i agree its to rare to add a motor if you do it will never be able to go back 1 of 50 is crazy rare i would build a occ XL springer instead thats rare but not 1of 50 rare

Schwinn jaguar with a 66cc flying horse
they all run fantastic till they don't

smoke tires not drugs
YES! YES! JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoPVC4YxDlI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7_...eature=related
Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
If you like the Schwinn Street Series Stingray Chopper / Schwinn XL Adult Chopper/ Schwinn OCC Endorsed Chopper / Schwinn Spoiler Adult Choppers, you might like what I found recently!

Yes it's the Schwinn Fatboy Chopper with front and rear wheels that are 20-inch X 4-1/4"-inch.

I'm thinking about PedalChoppers Stingray Chopper kit it's the Supersize kit for Adults with the 24-inch wheels with disc brake setup.

Did know they made the fatboy, I have the adult spoiler picked up for 600 got two of the reg chopper with motor on one of them, I like that fat boy
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post

Don't you also have an XL frame? You pictured one a ways back with the Horizontal engine in it... Just like to get some tube measurements, if you can. I'd appreciate it. There's a few HF welders on sale right now; I've been trying to reach you, for some advice on which one I should get.

Mac-