Well, I finally got around to modifying my pedals, here's how I did it.
I only needed about 1 1/2 " extension. So I looked around in my hardware drawer and found these old "Corner Brackets" I got from Lowes a long time ago. It turns out the brackets fit these pedals (Aluminum ) that I have had on hand for, oh, about 15 years or so.
I didn't have to do any drilling at all. The only extra work I had to do was to file down pedal edge, because it has a slanted corner or whatever you call it. That slanted corner caused the brackets to fall out of alignment and at an angle. So by filing down the edge, flat, the brackets went out just as smooth as a babies bottom.
The first picture shows the hardware used. The second shows the filed down edge. The third shows the completed pedal. The fourth shows the amount of extension I get beyond the transfer case. It's all i needed. The brackets look like brass but they are anodized steel.
I did both pedals, and now my knee doesn't get strained anymore - wew, what a relief.