What gas tank is this?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Custom tank, either made by or for Arrow Cycles. The sticker on the seat says La Habra Cyclery, so maybe they made the tank and the seat? Arrow's site says seats coming soon, so I dont know if they will be making them to order or if they are hiring a shop to mass produce them. But I do know that seat and tank are custom pieces.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Custom tank, either made by or for Arrow Cycles. The sticker on the seat says La Habra Cyclery, so maybe they made the tank and the seat? Arrow's site says seats coming soon, so I dont know if they will be making them to order or if they are hiring a shop to mass produce them. But I do know that seat and tank are custom pieces.
Dave Rust makes the tank and seat tail section for all his race bicycles.
La Habra Cyclery had nothing to do with it. Dave was a pro 1/2 and 1 mile
flat track racer so he sets his bikes up so that you can move your body
around on the bike for better control over the handling.

Dave gave magrider one of his tanks at a SoCal Motor Bicycle Race at
Grange Motor Circuit.

Dave just moved his shop and home and had to close down orders on
www.ArrowMotorizedCycles.com until he can get set up again and catch
up on orders. Dave can see Grange from his new place.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Wow I like the cylinder head on it too !! Makes for a sleeker board track look..;)

I bet it really performsdnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Wow I like the cylinder head on it too !! Makes for a sleeker board track look..;)

I bet it really performsdnut
Dave was making his own heads some of them water cooled but the
crappy Chinese 66 cc motors blow up with too much performance so
he has been forced to down grade to the ash tray head.

Dave Rust smokes like a fiend and he uses the head as an ash tray. :)

Actually Dave also uses the new GEN II Manic Mechanic head but they
were out of stock when thees bikes were built.

This ain't no board tracker and the Ultimate Race at Grange on Oct 20th
should be interesting to see how Arrow Motorized Cycles bikes do against
the fastest bikes at the track.

The Ultimate Race is the fastest bikes from the 4 classes racing
against themselves at the end of the day.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Gosh man now you are making fun of his bike ?? I thought it was fast and not bad looking at all. It does not need to be a board tracker any way. It has bad to the bone class all by itself !! Now you call his bike an ashtray? That is just plain mean.:protfldnut

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Gosh man now you are making fun of his bike ?? I thought it was fast and not bad looking at all. It does not need to be a board tracker any way. It has bad to the bone class all by itself !! Now you call his bike an ashtray? That is just plain mean
only the head is an ash tray and why are you such a hater, Goat Guy? :)

Here is one of Arrow Motorized Cycles water cooled head designs.
The crankshaft ends up breaking from too much hp.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I love you too, goatie snookums pookie pie and here is
yet another pic of Jim Rust on the #88 bike.
When are you gonna make it to one of the races, I can't
wait to meet you in all your goatyness! :)

Now your talk'en bout your guy friends ''billy goats'' again... I '''only'''' like ''Girls''...does.. nannies.. :)dnut

Didja have some kind of strange fixation, fascination, Freudian slip for ashtrays?? How strange?? Don't wanna know.. rotfl

No matter to me. I think his bike looks great !! No matter how bad you keep saying it does.........Does not seam nice but what ever.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Grizadams How did your Goped tank turn out ?? I knew last that you were making custom brackets. That is a good solid plastic tank. Hope you liked it !!

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota
Got it made and it works great. I think I posted pictures here somewhere. I'm getting a new engine though. I've had nothing but problems with the one I got now. Stripped out one of the head bolts and when I tore it apart I notice that the cylinder wall is scored, and it breaks down on every run I do, probably only ran two full tanks of gas through it. Had a buddy put some gas in it and now that I think about it I wonder if it had the right mixture. Would love a Morini but don't have the cash, trying to get an eBay business going so money is tight. Think I'll treat myself when I start making money.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Sorry to hear your luck with the H.T. ''Chinese two stroke kit'' Griz. The folks that have been racing them do a bit of work to clean those engines up . Upgraded bearings, porting balancing the cranks etc. They still can break them. However a lot of these engines when cleaned up just a little bit will run for a good spell stock..