when u guys figure out how to rig up a cig lighter im really gonna trip

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
ha ha how about a radar detector and a smoke screen!i think its 12 volts.if anybody could figure it out u guys can!cant wait to get my kit,should be here monday!

I think you could get a solar powered one from edmund scientific.

I mean a cigarette lighter, not the smoke screen. A little parafin based cement form oil dripped into the exhaust from a 16oz. model airplane fuel tank and brass tubing will work for that.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I wasn't kidding about the rear view camera...My local Checkers had a rear view camera on sale for $59.99. I was really looking hard at it, I was wondering how much better it would be then a mirror.

Other then figuring how to mount the screen, I think it would work great.

Attachments

cachehiker

Jul 9, 2008
Hyde Park / Logan, UT
12V front hub generator. They're hard to find though. Most are 6V and about 6-10W. I don't remember where I saw the 12V 25W one. It was spendy though and intended to run a really bright headlight.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I wasn't kidding about the rear view camera...My local Checkers had a rear view camera on sale for $59.99. I was really looking hard at it, I was wondering how much better it would be then a mirror.

Other then figuring how to mount the screen, I think it would work great.
Fair, I want one!! And even though it is way over the top, would work better then mirrors. I am still using a solar headlight. It is a lil yard spotlight thing. But a bigger panel/book rack, going to a battery... Cig lighter, rear cam and GPS!!!
(maybe leave some juice for lighting)

Thanks Kevy, Great thread!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I really need a cupholder. My Big Gulp from 7-11 keeps bouncing outa the front basket. Maybe it won't do that after I install my suspension fork.

A 12V socket to recharge cell phone would work for me.(^)

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I've got a stout flashlight with a cigarette lighter jack. Twin beams and three million candlepower to boot. Its a Mega Sports Spot, heavy, but very effective.
It could be mounted on a bike I suppose...:D