Me and my Grubee!

GoldenMotor.com

yeshua

Aug 22, 2012
Oregon
New to the site and motorized bike arena, rode her for the first time to work and back without the motor to get a feel for it. Turns out my alignment is off...
After tightening the rear sprocket its much closer and the crappy chain tensioner is placed better.

Thing is my chain broke in two areas when it dimantled the sprocket on the motor from work.

Whats the (Best/Strongest) chain that will fit this thing?

Pictures up soon, phones charging.
drn2

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
New to the site and motorized bike arena, rode her for the first time to work and back without the motor to get a feel for it. Turns out my alignment is off...
After tightening the rear sprocket its much closer and the crappy chain tensioner is placed better.

Thing is my chain broke in two areas when it dimantled the sprocket on the motor from work.

Whats the (Best/Strongest) chain that will fit this thing?

Pictures up soon, phones charging.
drn2
Most people here replace the china crap chain with good 410 or 415# roller chain. I used standard #420 I got from a local hardware store. It fits fine and is MUCH better quality. My engine DID have some clearance issues when I first installed it and it took about three days to quiet down but I've had no problems at all since. (over 500 miles) I've also heard 415 HD BMX chain works. I got a box of 420# for twenty bucks and did two gas engine bikes with it. Remember to buy x-tra masterlinks!

Allday

Apr 1, 2011
Texas
dance1yeah man i had the same problems. i would recommend a good #415 (& extra links just in-case) dirt bike chain and replace the cheap bolts on the tensioner with quality ones and lock washers or lock nylon nuts. be sure to align chain where sprocket rolls in the center of chain. but leave just a "little" slack and keep chain lubed if needed, i used WD40 "im not sure" if thats right or not but it works for me. just wipe away the extra lube so it wont splash on you.