Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default 2 stroke vs 4 stroke

I'm brand new to this. I've read a lot on the web, but
most articles seem to favor whatever they are selling. I want to build a bike, and I'm not sure if I should go 2 or 4 stroke.
I know the 4 stroke is more $, but would I get more torque on hills, etc? Are they substantially quieter?
I thought the CC limit in Wisconsin was 50, but I see larger units available. Isn't bigger better?

Mark O Matic
Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Default Re: 2 stroke vs 4 stroke

Howdy Mark, welcome.

Is a hotly debated issue (2 smoke V. 4) They both have their charms. I have both and enjoy all immensely.

If my brother or a good friend asked me, I would say getting your feet wet with a relatively inexpensive 2 stroke kit is worth considering. But not a good idea to depend on one, say for commuting to work. If ya get a chance, try and hit a local ride/rally event. motorized bicycle folks are great to hang out with but will give you a chance to see and hear motorized bicycles up close and personal. Text just does them no justice.
worst apocalypse ever

"2 stroke", "4 stroke"