Specialized Hardrock Sport

GoldenMotor.com

Cyclone268

Oct 17, 2008
Sarasota FL
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello as this is my first post on the website. I live on a small island in florida, my island being only 9 miles long. I've had a Specialized Hardrock Sport for quite some time now, but i just recently found out about "mounting a motor on your bike" when some guy flew past me on one and i was in awe haha! ever since then ive been looking on the internet and ive seen so much, 4 stroke kits, full bikes, chinese kits, you name it. Anyway i live close to the "village" on my island where the best beach access, 7-11, and the local supermarket is. I want to get something that will allow me to go there on weekends, and maybe some other places during the week. So ill be using this thing very lightly, maybe 5 miles a week or less. What should i look for? I am only 15 years old, but ive had a pocket bike for quite some time now but i'm beyond tired with the stupid POS breaking down and i want something that is more reliable, comfortable, etc.

Should i keep my bike and put a kit on it or sell it and get a beach cruiser style bike and work with that?

Or any other suggestions because i know nothing about this?

Thanks!

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I'l let the more experienced builders comment on your bike, but check the local laws first. A lot of places require you to be 16 before you can ride one on the street. Good Luck! (^)

Clotho

May 25, 2008
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum.

My recommendation for your bike and situation would be to go with a rack-mount kit. I like the Staton product the best. I prefer chain drive over belt drive. I don't think a Chinese in frame motor will fit your bike but Specialized is high quality and has all the stuff I like. Good brakes and front suspension. If you sell this bike you likely won't get full value for it so better to work with what you have. Also the rack mount kits are easier to install and don't require as much savvy to maintain.

The Chinese In Frame kits take a bit more know how and experience to get the most out of. You can always build an In Frame bike later once you get some experience with the rack mount.

Just my 2 cents.

Cyclone268

Oct 17, 2008
Sarasota FL
Thanks!!!! I love my specialized bike....its never failed me in any way. Referring to the in-frame kits, ive read they need to be tinkered with alot so i think ill look at the other type.

Thanks for the insight!