Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

kent siesta key 7 spd crusier??

The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default kent siesta key 7 spd crusier??

hello everyone im new to this.. so i wanna start by thanking all for there posts of bikes projects . well i just got a kent siesta from big 5 for $120. im going to install a china girl i just got with fresh new upgrades... so they say lol. its a 26" bike like a cranbook. anybody heard of it? ill try to post pics later. any tips on the build? ive read alot about the chain tentioner not working very good i was thinking about welding it or drilling hole in frame to keep it from coming in on the spokes. any thoughts on that? or should i go without tentioner at all? i wanna get a rear hub adapter from sbp or pirate idk the size i need yet. & i might need the front uni motor mount now. thanks for any help.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Re: kent siesta key 7 spd crusier??

ok i just seen motovelo site its the same bike they use in there install videos.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:19 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: kent siesta key 7 spd crusier??

Hi. Yes I have that bicycle. They seem adequate for a GEBE or EZM kit. I think mine came with a sticker that said: "TIG Welded 1020 steel". I installed the kits carefully and I go at 22mph or less. The tensioner for EZM: I up-graded the bolts and clamp them very tight to the chain stay and twisted the longer piece of steel slightly (with vice-grips) to align the tensioner wheel with the pirate sprocket. The bicycle is $160 on sale for $120. I would not drill that thing, I don't know about welding anything to that chain stay either. I don't think you should run at 30-35mph with the China two stroke happy time on that bicycle for more than a couple seconds at a time, it might shake or crack.