Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default New Member From Australia

Hello all, or should it be yall?

I am honoured to be a member of this forum. I have recently stumbled upon the fun little hobby that is motor bicycling.

My boss recently gave me a Giant Boulder SE 26" bike. i hopped on ebay and briefly compared several kits. Purchased one and installed it one evening. admittingly it would have been the cheapest 80/66cc kit available. I believe its a "power king"
I have been running it in ever since. Have maybe gone through one litre of fuel.

Needless to say the bug has bitten. I am a marine mechanic in training and since its winter here i shall put my boat projects on the back burner and focus on enjoying and customising this bike.

I would like to focus on purchasing performance parts for this engine and then when it blows up I will buy a quality block on its own and i can bolt on my accumulated parts.

If someone could point me in the direction of a thread which points out the best starting mods that would be fantastic. I lost my exhaust tip out in the forest so I do have to buy a new exhaust which will be my first mod. Secondly will be a 36t sprocket. I only weigh 50kg and am quite fit so i dont mind pedalling starts and would rather the top end speed as well as keeping engine rpm low. Thirdly i am tossing up between the upgraded CDI or upgraded carb. I am sure these are all common first timer questions so i will do my best to find threads where this has already been covered.

Anyhow, so thats my story.
I look forward to speaking with you on the boards.

Last edited by Peter16; 06-25-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: New Member From Australia

The most comon and effective mods seem to be Expansion chamber s/plug and lead also some porting of the intake and exhaust.
P.S. I love this hobby