Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Brand new to MB's and need some info..

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You mentioned in your first post that you have only been looking at this for about 2 hours. May I make a recommendation that you spend some days reading this forum and using the search function to look for answers to your questions? The people here are friendly and helpful but you will get the most out of their expertise if you ask questions from a more knowledgeable perspective. Everything you have asked has been covered here before many times. If you are interested in inexpensive then check out the DIY section. Deacon has written some excellent posts on how to build your own bike from scratch.

Old 10-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

i have heard that the bushing engines are able to rev higher longer but i dont know from personal experience . and as far as the tensioner i welded it to my frame but dont use the roller i use the tight chain method and it seems to work fine for me .
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
minor bike philosopher

the 42cc runs faster than this old man feels safe with. Frankly I have never had it wide open except going up hill. But then my china kit is the same I don't open it up except going uphill. I don't have a speedometer on it.

My builds are friction drive so they have a little less power than the kit engines. Mostly shows up going up the hills. Some it sails up some it struggles but that is true with the china bike as well.

I would guess the 42cc friction drive is about 80% of the china kit. That is just a guess.

Take a look on ebay at chainsaws. There are some brands that are okay some are over priced for a bike build. Mine is a 42cc craftsman and a 33cc poulan.

On the tensioner I have had three different ones and the only way they ever worked for me was to set the bike up for the motor chain then use the tensioner on the bicycle chain since the pedaling is easier on it than the motor it works fine.
My posts have entertainment value only. A bike ain't yours till it has your blood on it. Then it owns you.