Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Hello from Florida!

Hi from south Florida, I'm ready to convert my Specialized Sorrento mountain bike to a motorized bike. I want as much power as possible and still have the bike be safe and stable. The prospect of a wheel failure at 35 mph is not a pretty picture! I would welcome any advice as to size, brand of kit, and weather or not my bike is a good choice for the conversion.Also,not to sound like a compleate coward, I'm not sure I would want to build it myself or have a shop do it.If I had it done at a bike shop, what would a reasonable amount of shop time be for them to build it. I don't want them to charge me $400.00 labor, if it should be compleated in 2 to three hours. Thanks for any input

Terry from Florida
Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Hello from Florida!

Welcome from the Fl. west coast. I am also new to motorized bicycle and getting ready for my first build. I would recommend you to contact Jim at Manic Mechanic He is very helpful and has alot of good custom parts. His add and web site is on the right side of page. Where in this great State do you live . You can tell by that Question i am a old FL. boy. I am looking forward to meeting other MBers and some good rides.