Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Resident Mad Scientist
Default Re: 'The (almost) everything was not right bike'

Well, Toadmund, from what I can tell, you're getting the condensed-version of a crash course in Motorbike Building Trial-and-Error. The things you're learning now through this experience will come in handy later on. Just keep it safe and keep it smart and you should be okay.
BTW: could we see pics of the whole bike at once?

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 02-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 'The (almost) everything was not right bike'

I'm installing an RT carb at the moment.

Took off my NT carb with the copperr 3/4' 45Degree elbow, and went to size up the new wide ported intake I got from BGF so I can dummy up the carb and hardware to make my new offset, looked nice, but DAMN! the mounting holes are too wide!

So I took a round bastard and reamed out the holes and built up a good sweat filing the holes inward, dremeled flat the welds, then filed, can't go further, still I cant use washers or bolts, went and bought allen bolts. so I hacksawed a threaded furniture panel retainer to use as a spacer, but I didn't know the sawed end would strip and bind as I screwed in the bolt. No bolt is safe with that spacer.

I need a better hacksaw blade now, to try it again.

Getting the bike ready for spring sends you buying stuff.

I'll post some pics when I'm done and what I did.

I had fun motorbicycling last summer.

(this is the condensed version post, the longer one resides in my head, it's even more dry and boring than this short version)
I love my Motor Bicycle, I love Beer, I'll try not to like them both at once.

Last edited by Toadmund; 02-27-2013 at 09:45 PM.