Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default attention Arizona members and guests

So far, it's only happened in Glendale, AZ, but someone is putting bombs inside the big, yellow 6V flashlights, and leaving them where people will find them. There have been two incidents reported so far; so, thankfully, no serious injuries, but the devices have detonated. IF you find ANY flashlight that you don't recognize, (and, on our bikes, we would probably be more likely to see something ... interesting than someone in a car would,) DON'T TOUCH IT - CALL 911.

The safety department at work forwarded the info below to us:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Counter Terrorism Center
GLENDALE, Ariz. Ė In the past 24 hrs the Glendale Police Department has responded to two separate detonated improvised explosive devices in Glendale. Both explosive devices were housed in a standard 6 volt yellow handheld flashlight (see photograph below). In the two separate incidents, a yellow flashlight was located by a citizen, which had been left outside in the open. When the citizen attempted to push the button to turn the flashlight on, the device detonated. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured in either event, but Explosive Ordinance Experts say that these devices were built to inflict serious injury.
As a standard, these two investigations are being worked by experts from various local agencies as well as federal entities, with the Glendale Police Department designated as the lead investigating agency. Explosives experts are asking that if anyone finds a flashlight left out, no matter what color or shape, which they donít immediately recognized as their own, to call 911 immediately; DO NOT attempt to touch or manipulate the flashlight in any way.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachme...5&d=1337107469

this is not a joke people
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flashlight_Explosive_Device.pdf (78.1 KB, 74 views)
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: attention Arizona members and guests

I saw a story on this on the local news,,,
idiots are everywhere I guess

thanks for the 'heads-up' though !!!

Intelligence is learning from your own mistakes,
Wisdom is learning from the mistakes of others

EZ Motorbike Dealer - Fountain Hills, AZ
www.ezmotorbike.com
EZ Motorbike of Fountain Hills
azgrampa@gmail.com
Old 05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

I can't believe the ingenuity. if it would be put to building bikes, instead of this stupid stuff....
Old 05-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Did not hear anything about this? Thanks for sharing Paul, I know if I saw a 6v flashlight on the side of the road my first thought would be " Cool! A new headlight for my bike". I defiantly would have picked it up.