Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default The new guy.

Hi all!
I'm the new guy. Like a few of you, my mom never let me get a motorbike, nor a scooter nor anything with two wheels other than a bicycle.
ten years later, here I am, still no motorbike. but it's about to change!

a couple weeks ago, I found a leaf blower in the trash (Poulan Pro BVM200VS 25cc), so as anybody would do, I took it home, tried to start it, didn't start, try to make it start. It's was the first time I was taking an engine appart (free stuff is always better for experimentations)...I checked a few videos online on how to troubleshooting small engines, took the carb appart and cleaned it... the rest was still in pretty good shape... and after a few hours/beers, it finally came back to life. When it did, I didn't put the exhaust back on it so it started, made some noise (BABABAAAARP) spitting all over, but I didn't care I was too excited (not my neighbor).

at the same time, I know I wanted to put it on my bike and make a motorized bike the cheapest way possible, so I started doing some researches for my different options and came across this AMAZING FORUM!
I came up with the conclusion to build a friction bike...

I'm going to start a thread of my build in the DIY section, so stay tuned!

Thank you all!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: The new guy.

Welcome aboard, D !

Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Should be a fine candidate for FD.

My goal is cheap, reliable, personal transport, below the tax collector radar. Fun counts for a lot!