Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Woohoo! Just went Over 500 Miles

Thanks for the info did you do any of the recommended upgrades before installing that are mentioned here for example the spark plug and gaskets? It seems you have a good setup and I am wondering if you should do these upgrades before installing.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Originally Posted by MrLarkins View Post
i got my kit from but wouldn't recommend them...i've have problems and they haven't really been quick to help or even willing on a few occasions.
my recommendation is patience...and ask for help here.
One thing to keep in mind Mr. Larkins, is that Kings motors seem to long lived. I have almost 3300 miles on mine and still running strong. Personally I think it's because it's a bushing style motor. It's all in the break-in. While they maybe lacking in customer service, I think they have a connection to slightly better motors.

Kings will address problems, in their own time.

Kings 70cc 3200+ miles. Now on a Schwinn Point Beach NOW in mothballs..
Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
HS Math Teacher

i recommend new mounting bolts, an NKG spark plug, and new plug cap. and maybe a better inline fuel filter, the one from is good

as for kings goes, I sent 4 complaints...2 were replied to, both were going to be replaced, yet only one was, but i had to wait 2 1/2 weeks for the part

when i first received the package the cap was broke, i waited 2 1/2 weeks for the replacement.

next the clutch case broke, they said they send a replacement, but never did...i get asking for 2 weeks, almost every day, leaving messages, emails etc...i never got that replaced. i ended up using jbweld.

the last two problems kings never even returned my phone calls or emails. stopped cold turkey. i followed all the break in procedures. my opinion is their service sucks. but i'm just one person.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:16 AM
Gutter Rider

Sorry to here that this has been a great motor. Say motoschwinn did you shave the piston skirt on yours, know some of these jugs have the carbs mounted lower clearing the skirt.It sure made a diff on mine?I think all these ch are fine, I am leaning tward the bushed right now