Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Potential Builder/Rider

Thank you!

From what you have responded I see that your DMV has quite specific nomenclature and specifications for the "MOPED" definition and its legal operation requirements.

I hope to hear from the Puerto rico DMV soon and am looking forward to seeing if their definitions and requirements are as specific as yours in Seattle.

As far as I can see, though, there IS a rquirement to register, insure, inspect and insure Mopeds in Puerto Rico; as well as having a specific "Motorcycle Operators" license. So, as you can imagine, I am actually looking to see if there are any "loopholes" in the law in order to get around all that. Otherwise, building one of these (which I really would like to do) would be all for naught, as I couldn't ride it anywhere without being considered a "lawbreaker".

I will keep the forum posted as to any news I might hear.

Again, thank you!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Angry Old Fart
Thumbs up Re: Potential Builder/Rider

Once you're bitten by the bug, your odds of ever returning to "normal" are slim. Welcome to the forum!
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.