Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default New Guy, Old Bike

Hey everyone! I am new to this whole thing, but excited to get started! I plan on taking this bike on a month long RV trip this summer, so I finally have a deadline! Last summer I picked up an excellent Columbia frame, I think it is a 5-star. (I'm sure one of you can correct me on that.)

Anyway, I am looking for a motor to put on the bike. I was looking at the DAX F80, but I figured I would float it to you all for some advice. I'm not even sure how big these motors are, so I really want to know if one will fit in the frame.

A friend who is a photographer is going to document the build, but he isn't around tonight and I am itching to get started. Please excuse the picture! It is only to help inform you all. I promise to get some before shots up soon!

Last edited by 2door; 03-14-2012 at 08:51 PM.

columbia, newbie