Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default another frame chop !!!

Hello all,, the last time i was one here i introduced myself and posted some pics of my bike which i will be putting a motor on.
I was still in the stages of deciding if i like the look of the frame and how it sat etc.
After a week or so of staring at it, i decided on one last chop and redesign.
I had a look at some bikes getting around the net, i gotta say i like certain aspects of the board track racers, and certain aspects of the cruiser-styled lowriders, so keeping these things in mind i ventured back into the workshop with angle-grinder in hand and have finally settled on what i think i will be happy with.
As i said in my last post,, i am trying to morph a couple of different styles into the one frame, and believe me, after much deliberations, frustration and anxiety, its done.
At this stage, i have tacked the frame together until i decide on what motor.
Oh and i almost forgot,, i fabbed up a custom tank for it too holds around 6 litres, together with some extra bracing around the suspension,, i also added double bottom rails just to keep in theme with a real motorbike.
It seems fairly comfortable to sit on,, i just cant wait to finish it.
i think i may go the 4 stroke route,, morini was a nice thought, but i will wait and see at this stage.
I still have guards,lights,tacho, mirrors, and a truckload of detailing and spraying to do,, i will keep you guys posted on the progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (81.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 015.JPG (85.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (91.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: another frame chop !!!

love your bikes great fab work.very very cool.cant wait to see it complete.