Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default 1984 Honda People

I discovered this last night. I knew Honda was making motorized bicycles back in the mid 1940s, but I didn't know they had one out in '84! This bike has some great features, friction drive, interesting security including a kill switch attached to a spoke lock, here's a good site to read about the lucky dude whom was able to find one:
Manufacturer specs are here:
This bike is killer! Anyone seen and/or own/ride one? Anyone know where I can get more info? Why did they stop making these? The whole set-up is so clean, great controls, indicator lights, and I love that the actuator "clutch" lever moves the whole engine in order to power the bike. If I'm reading correctly, the gas and oil are stored seperately, another fantastic feature. I want one!
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: 1984 Honda People

I have a red one sitting in my garage, I would say this bike is great!
you are right! gas and oil are stored seperately. I am thinking about selling it.
if this is interesting for you, you can contact me at

anyway I am living in Bangkok, Thailand.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: 1984 Honda People

shiping seems a little prohibitive on that . would be nice to own a name brand bike though like that i bet they quit makeing them and went soley into scooters
Great bikes are built not Bought Link to INFIDEL 99cc predator build to Recumbent golden eagle build