Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Introducing myself from canada

Hi everyone, i have been lurking this forum for a few weeks now and finally decided to join. Im planning a build on a norco mountain bike from '85. i pretty sure I have enough informatio to start my first build and can't wait! Oh and couldn't help but notice theres alot of people over 40 in this forum and im only 15. Do you think I am too young for this hobby? I will be riding my bike to friends houses and such untill i can drive in a year (hopefully a china engine will last that long haha). Thanks for reading. singing out from Canada
Old 01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Smile Re: Introducing myself from canada

Hello hub_cap Welcome! We are sure glad you decided to join us. Keep us posted on your build sounds exciting.

We love to see a bicycle transformed into a motor assisted bicycle here we are all fanatics. If you ever need a little advice we have such great members that are always willing to help out. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Introducing myself from canada

Welcome to the forum. I'm in south Van, and I know there are a handful of forum members around the region (and a fair number that only read the forum, never joined, I meet them when I'm out on rides sometimes as well.)

I'd say it's less about your age and more about your ability to ride responsibly, myself, but the ultimate decision will be made by the local authorities (eventually), like tha VPD or RCMP officer that decides to spoil your day. In North Van they consider us to be 'limited speed motorcycles' which require a class 5 license but I haven't found that written down anywhere for other parts of the GVA. Best bet, ride like you know there's a cop around all the time. Let your crazy out only in limited amounts in safer areas. I go down to a bikeway near the river for it. Some areas you're on-street, but other sections are a bikes-only lane separated by a median.

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser