Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > 4 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits

4 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 4 stroke engine kits are great if you want reliability or do not want to mix your oil and gas. Learn from each other how to get the most out of your 4 stroke bicycle engine

a good 4 stroke kit

4 stroke engine kits are great if you want reliability or do not want to mix your oil and gas. Learn from each other how to get the most out of your 4 stroke bicycle engine

Old 01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default a good 4 stroke kit

hi everyone im new to this whole scene and quite a noobie when it comes to these gear box set ups and different company engines and whats crap and what isnt. i am quite the gear head and want to be more frugal so i want to get into this motorized bike thing... as soon as i sell my jeep lol anyways ive searched the forums but found nothing. can someone direct me to a good 4 stroke engine kit or a good 4 stroke motor and how to set it up and mount in a frame? any other info on gear boxes or friction drive and this drive and what not would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: a good 4 stroke kit

Okay first of all, let me tell you I've never built a 4 smoke kit. However, I've still heard a bit about the various ones out there. The best one as far as I can tell is one with a Honda gxh-50 coupled to the QMatic transmission. Search around. Next best would be a huasheng coupled to the same transmission. Search around. After that Goes gxh with a skyhawk 4gt, then a huasheng with 4gt (Huasheng + 4GT is aboot $380).
Avoid the hoot transmissions.Heres some pics of them so you know what to avoid. Vendors don't always tell you that their kits use them.
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/7/3/0...23675775_o.jpg
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/x...ine_kit_03.jpg
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 PM

Try staton, would say dax too but hes out of 4 strokes till who knows when.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM

I build frames and only use the proven american made transmission by Staton on our bikes,
over 300 test hours on 3 transmissions, 1 on a Honda ghx 50 and 2 on a Subaru 35 cc and no problems all that and made in the U.S.A.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:32 PM

If you're still looking for a four stroke kit, Bicycle Engines.com has some Grubee 4G kits. I bought one and installed it. I love the thing! Lots of power. So far it's very dependable. Give them a call, it may be what you're looking for.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:13 AM

I'm doing a lot of research right now on the 4 stroke kits. My lifted F250 4x4 is killing me going back to work and it's only 11 miles each way. I had a Chinese 2 stroker in-frame on a beach cruiser and had a great time with it, but there was always a little tinkering that had to be done so when I moved outside of town I sold it. I've decided that I want to do a rear rack mount since I can get my hands on a nice mountain bike with front shocks, seat post spring and disc breaks pretty easy and everything I've read says that moving the engine out back gets rid of the vibrations. I'm looking for comfort and reliability at this point, even if it means giving up the coolness factor with the engine between my legs. I'm narrowed down to the Dax kit, EZM or 4G. Just not sure if they are all able to be installed over the rear tire. I'd love to get the kit and then upgrade to a Predator motor after a year or two without changing much else.