Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Cruiser Bicycles

Motorized Cruiser Bicycles The beach cruiser has always been great bicycles to motorize. They just look good with a motor. Use this section to share and discuss about motorizing this classic.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Re: Second Build, vibrating?

thanks guys, i tried mounting it on the bottom as secure as i could. also i used conduit on all my wiring to protect it, as recommended. i will report tomorrow as to how i go with the tensioner issue. cheers
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Second Build, vibrating?

A trick you can do to keep the idler from twisting is drill a hole in the mount for a set screw, or drill into one side of your chainstay tubing and make it a lock screw. 1/8" hole is plenty and any screw jammed in will keep it from twisting into the spokes.

If you know someone with a tap&die set, can tap a bigger hole in the mount and thread in a set screw. But a little hole is better than no hole for a set screw.

Most engines will vibrate alot at a certain rpm. My winter bike vibe's like crazy at around 3500-4000, but smooths out after around 4500, opposite of yours I guess

nice build, and gl.
Cards, 29er, Trailer, Hack'em'up
Build with pride! Build to ride!
"A clean shop is a sure sign of a cluttered mind" ~ fasteddy

first new build vibrate