Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Drop center rim strength

Hi, I ordered a pair of s-2 knock offs built iin the 80's from Bicyclebones.They sent me a set of knock off drop center rims buit in the 80's instead.I am concerned about strength with th drop center rims.It would not be that big of a deal if they were made in the 40's when they were buit to last.My other concern is spoke length I have a 90mm Sturmey going on the front and between that hub flandge and the rise in the drop center rim I do not know if I will be able to find 12g spokes in that short of a length?? Let me know what you thiink...thanx

With in an hour Bicyclebones contacted me and r sending out a prepaid return postage lable and the correct set of rims...great people!I sure do like the way the drop center rims look.

Last edited by MotoMagz; 12-07-2011 at 10:52 AM. Reason: cuz
Old 12-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Drop center rim strength

Try this fella. He cuts spokes to length up to 11ga if you ask.

I bought some things From Bicycle Bones that were supposed to be new old stock. They were misrepresented to say the least, poor quality and can be found on ebay for far less than I payed. He lost a lot of money because I never went back.